Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: E1-E4 Promotions

Tyler,
    I've generally found that your Company Commander has magical abilities if he really wants to do promotions at the E-1 thru E-4 realm. I know soldiers who have half as much time in grade and service as myself, not even close to waiverable times either, but just because their commander believes in making E-4's out of everyone who returns from AIT it happens. Some of these folks are deployed right now, and I have never heard of them having a problem.

I know Joe's who are E-4's because they know somebody who has the clout to make it happen, yet don't hold most if not any of the qualifications of being an E-4. It seems the E-1 thru E-4 promotions are not something that's standardized as much , since it's handled at the Company Level.

I don't work for JAG, and I'm not a lawyer, but I think you'll be ok. :D

Comment

Should I have time to make e-4 going in as a e-3 and two years before I commission.

Comment

[QUOTE=jmclaughlin1701]Exactly. I got out an E-2 from RA and came in E-4 to NG with my degree.[/QUOTE]

Your situation is different then the one described. He cannot come back in as an E-4 because he was reduced with Non Judicial Punishment. He cannot skip back to E-4.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveGuard]Tyler,
          I've generally found that your Company Commander has magical abilities if he really wants to do promotions at the E-1 thru E-4 realm. I know soldiers who have half as much time in grade and service as myself, not even close to waiverable times either, but just because their commander believes in making E-4's out of everyone who returns from AIT it happens. Some of these folks are deployed right now, and I have never heard of them having a problem.

I know Joe's who are E-4's because they know somebody who has the clout to make it happen, yet don't hold most if not any of the qualifications of being an E-4. It seems the E-1 thru E-4 promotions are not something that's standardized as much , since it's handled at the Company Level.

I don't work for JAG, and I'm not a lawyer, but I think you'll be ok. :D[/QUOTE]

These are entirely possible.

I myself was "magically" promoted from E2 to E4 prior to deployment (skipping E3 entirely) due to an RNCO that I guess "knew the game" or something. I actually thought I was E3 already before this happened. I did have 3 years in at the time.

Oh well. :p

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]These are entirely possible.

I myself was "magically" promoted from E2 to E4 prior to deployment (skipping E3 entirely) due to an RNCO that I guess "knew the game" or something. I actually thought I was E3 already before this happened. I did have 3 years in at the time.

Oh well. :p[/QUOTE]

Did you get anything backdated or back-pay? Now i'm just curious. Its possible to skip a rank if you read the regs but i'm just curious about the PV2 at 3 years TIS.
            Last edited by WIBecky74; April 25th, 2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]Did you get anything backdated or back-pay? Now i'm just curious. Its possible to skip a rank if you read the regs but i'm just curious about the PV2 at 3 years TIS.[/QUOTE]

I was probably just a month or two under 3 years. I went to boot camp as a PV2 through buddies for stripes in oct 02, graduated in feb 03. Was still a PV2 up until around May of 04 when I got the promotion.
              Last edited by SteveLord; April 25th, 2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=RandyB]Should I have time to make e-4 going in as a e-3 and two years before I commission.[/QUOTE]

No, your rank will be cadet as soon as you contract, and you will be administratively advanced to an E-5 paygrade. You need to learn more about ROTC if you are serious about it. Your lack of awareness of what you are getting into is disturbing.

Comment

So If i joined 2009/01/26 and went to basic as PV2 on 2009/05/22. Should I be able to get my PFC before I leave to AIT on June 3rd 2010?

Comment

[QUOTE=cyall]No, your rank will be cadet as soon as you contract, and you will be administratively advanced to an E-5 paygrade. You need to learn more about ROTC if you are serious about it. Your lack of awareness of what you are getting into is disturbing.[/QUOTE]
                    I've only had one semester of ROTC non contracted, never said I was an expert. Too bad I can't pick up rank drilling but e-5 pay sure makes up for it.

Comment

[QUOTE=RandyB]I've only had one semester of ROTC non contracted, never said I was an expert. Too bad I can't pick up rank drilling but e-5 pay sure makes up for it.[/QUOTE]

That means you've had a semester to talk to the ROO at your school and learn about what you are doing.

Comment

I'm sure I will find everything out in time. It wasn't a big deal then, I was a freshman having fun.

Comment

I wanted to resurrect this thread because I am one of those PFC's who did an extensive tour in the RSP area. I have the found regulation to be a bit confusing, and was hoping for clarification. Since Section 2-2 has the title "General", I am under the belief that the Chapter 7 (Which is USARNG specific) would be more applicable.

From AR 600-8-19, under Chapter 7 (National Guard Promotions)

Specifically, 7-7, Subparagraph b.

b. TIS is computed from the Soldier’s PEBD except for nonprior service (NPS) Soldiers, who must complete IET. Include all service for pay computed under DOD 7000.14–R, vol. 7A, chapter 1. TIS is computed for NPS personnel
                          who entered the ARNGUS under the ACASP or who were promoted under section III from BASD. The first advancement or promotion after completion of IET is computed from the Soldiers BASD.

I am NOT a NPS Soldier who must complete IET, I did not enter through ACASP , and I did not receive a promotion under anything from section III.

Can I get guidance on the matter, thank you.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveGuard]I wanted to resurrect this thread because I am one of those PFC's who did an extensive tour in the RSP area. I have the found regulation to be a bit confusing, and was hoping for clarification. Since Section 2-2 has the title "General", I am under the belief that the Chapter 7 (Which is USARNG specific) would be more applicable.

From AR 600-8-19, under Chapter 7 (National Guard Promotions)

Specifically, 7-7, Subparagraph b.

b. TIS is computed from the Soldier’s PEBD except for nonprior service (NPS) Soldiers, who must complete IET. Include all service for pay computed under DOD 7000.14–R, vol. 7A, chapter 1. TIS is computed for NPS personnel
                            who entered the ARNGUS under the ACASP or who were promoted under section III from BASD. The first advancement or promotion after completion of IET is computed from the Soldiers BASD.

I am NOT a NPS Soldier who must complete IET, I did not enter through ACASP , and I did not receive a promotion under anything from section III.

Can I get guidance on the matter, thank you.[/QUOTE]

You are promoted off your PEBD. As prior service this is the date you enlisted in the NG plus your prior service time. I enlisted in the NG on 20021021, but my PEBD is 20000203. Your PEBD is on your LES. That is the date you go by for TIS.

Comment

okay, it seems when you word it your way I understand it a little better (And think you pushed me towards thinking I'm promoted off my BASD).

Let me re-phrase, I AM NPS when I joined the Guard.

I am not a "NPS, who must complete IET".

I am a NPS who has 'completed IET'.

Comment

I enlisted april 09 as an E1; got promoted to E2 jun 09 by stripesfor skills. I then left for BCT/AIT sept. 09; graduated feb. 2010 from AIT. Reported to my unit march 2010. My question is when will I get promoted to E3? My rediness NCO has a big rep on not squaring soldiers onthere paper work. who can I talk to or where can I go to check my status if I'm being promoted or not? And no I'm not flagged or anything like that and I'm not a brown nose either.

Comment

Working...
                                X