X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: E1-E4 Promotions

[QUOTE=BoopMD]Get another recruiter. He is either lazy or uninformed.
    here is the reg Army Regulation 601210
    google it, download it, and read chapter 2 & especially chapter 3 as it pertains to grade for prior service on enlistment.

Either way dump your recruiter. You can get E-4.[/QUOTE]

This is what I read:

Paragraph 3-17

Higher grade is authorized using paragraph 2-18 if it is more advantages to the applicant (Ba degree = E4)
    Higher rank is not authorized to those who have been reduced in rank (Looks like this disqualifies me unless it is waiverable)

Comment

[QUOTE=Oldschool23]This is what I read:

Paragraph 3-17

Higher grade is authorized using paragraph 2-18 if it is more advantages to the applicant (Ba degree = E4)
      Higher rank is not authorized to those who have been reduced in rank (Looks like this disqualifies me unless it is waiverable)[/QUOTE]

ocs right...that's e5 pay

Comment

[QUOTE=RedLeg]SGT Hess is confusing some dates. Your TIS starts the day you sign the contract. A commander can promote up to PFC with out the Soldier completing AIT.[/QUOTE]

Yes, your TIS for pay starts the day you sign your contract, but your TIS for promotion to E3 does not. SGT Hess was correct.

Yes a commander can promote up to PFC before AIT [U]but[/U] it will be after basic. Still, the TIS for this promotion starts when they go to basic.

Comment

[QUOTE=RSP NCO]Yes, your TIS for pay starts the day you sign your contract, but your TIS for promotion to E3 does not. SGT Hess was correct.

Yes a commander can promote up to PFC before AIT [U]but[/U] it will be after basic. Still, the TIS for this promotion starts when they go to basic.[/QUOTE]

The regulation states the TIS/TIG begins at the time the contract is signed.

Comment

[QUOTE=BoopMD]Get another recruiter. He is either lazy or uninformed.
            here is the reg Army Regulation 601210
            google it, download it, and read chapter 2 & especially chapter 3 as it pertains to grade for prior service on enlistment.

Either way dump your recruiter. You can get E-4.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I got out an E-2 from RA and came in E-4 to NG with my degree.

Comment

[QUOTE=RedLeg]The regulation states the TIS/TIG begins at the time the contract is signed.[/QUOTE]

Your Pay Entry Base Date (PEBD) is the day you sign your contract. That is used for counting your contract time and bonus. BASD (promotion dependant through E4) is the day you sign your contract RA and the day you ship to BCT in the Guard.

Comment

[QUOTE=DIO]Ok so let me see if I understand this......
                if i enlisted back in October and have not shipped to basic but been attending rsp ever since, does that count as time in service and if so am i eligible for a promotion to E-2?[/QUOTE]

Your RSP should promote you to E2 before you leave for basic just because. They aren't however required because TIS does NOT start until you ship. It is the one rank though that really doesn't matter.

Comment

[QUOTE=RedLeg]SGT Hess is confusing some dates. Your TIS starts the day you sign the contract. A commander can promote up to PFC with out the Soldier completing AIT.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Trust me on this one. I copied my information straight from the Reg.

And as I said, I tried to promote a soldier about 10 months too early because I had the two mixed up. She is a PFC. She enlisted as a PFC. Enlisted in Jan of 08. Left for basic in Jan 0f 09. She currently has 20 months time in grade, but only 8 months time in service. Time in service DOES NOT start until the day you ship for basic training. Time in Grade starts the day you sign your contract.

Comment

[QUOTE=RSP NCO]Yes, your TIS for pay starts the day you sign your contract, but your TIS for promotion to E3 does not. SGT Hess was correct.

Yes a commander can promote up to PFC before AIT [U]but[/U] it will be after basic. Still, the TIS for this promotion starts when they go to basic.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]Your Pay Entry Base Date (PEBD) is the day you sign your contract. That is used for counting your contract time and bonus. BASD (promotion dependant through E4) is the day you sign your contract RA and the day you ship to BCT in the Guard.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Becky!

I had a soldier in my unit try to argue with me about it. I finally got aggravated enough that they weren't listening I told them to call the battalion S1, an E-7. They didn't argue with him!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=SGTHess]Wrong. Trust me on this one. I copied my information straight from the Reg.

And as I said, I tried to promote a soldier about 10 months too early because I had the two mixed up. She is a PFC. She enlisted as a PFC. Enlisted in Jan of 08. Left for basic in Jan 0f 09. She currently has 20 months time in grade, but only 8 months time in service. Time in service DOES NOT start until the day you ship for basic training. Time in Grade starts the day you sign your contract.[/QUOTE]

Post the reg. Army Regulation 601210 paragraph 2-17 says the date of rank starts the day of enlistment.

The reason I'm questioning it, is I've promoted Soldiers who haven't finished BCT or AIT.

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]Your Pay Entry Base Date (PEBD) is the day you sign your contract. That is used for counting your contract time and bonus. BASD (promotion dependant through E4) is the day you sign your contract RA and the day you ship to BCT in the Guard.[/QUOTE]

enless your are prior service

Comment

[QUOTE=RedLeg]Post the reg. Army Regulation 601–210 paragraph 2-17 says the date of rank starts the day of enlistment.

The reason I'm questioning it, is I've promoted Soldiers who haven't finished BCT or AIT.[/QUOTE]

Since you asked...here it is straight from the AR 600-8-19 (Enlisted promotions and reductions)

Para 2-2d
                            BASD will be used to determine TIS. Date of entry on IET will be used for USAR. For ARNGUS, use BASD or date or original entry on initial entry training (IET) to determine TIS for advancement to PV2 and higher grades for NPS Soldiers. For PS Soldiers, compute from date of original enlistment into military service other than the delayed entry program (DEP) of an active component of the U.S. Armed Forces provided there was no break in military service. This affects general eligibility for Soldiers advanced per paragraphs 7–21 and 7–22. Soldiers advanced after enlistment, but prior to IET, will use the BASD to compute the TIS requirements for the next advancement.

Comment

OKay here is a question I am an E-2 I joined the Army National Guard 2009/01/26. I went to basic that summer and am a split op meaning im waiting to graduate till i can go to AIT. Since I have been in for so long can I be promoted to e-3 before I leave to AIT? Here are some dates to let you know. I went to basic 2009/05/22 and been in RSP ever since i leave for AIT 2010/06/02. Can I be promoted to PFC yet or do I still need to wait?

Comment

Question.. enlisted as an e-3 oct 10th 2008, shiped to osut march 17th 2009... got my e-4 jan 14th 2010 thats 15months total ive been in... did my unit break the rules? not saying i dont mind, but just dont wanna get slamed when we hit title 10 for deployment in a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X