Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you suppose this clown was thinking?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you suppose this clown was thinking?

[QUOTE=taseal]They shouldn't sell military uniforms to public in my opinion... you don't see police uniforms being sold, do you?[/QUOTE]
    Sure you do. You can walk into any polic supply store and buy the basics and order the patches from catalogs.

Comment

OMG you want to see a movie with poor representation watch Private Valentine. I think the fact that it was Jessica Simpson should have clued me in! I actually sat through the whole movie!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=taseal]They shouldn't sell military uniforms to public in my opinion... you don't see police uniforms being sold, do you?[/QUOTE]

You might not see it as much in stores like you do with military clothing, but you can find anything you'd want at places like Galls.com. You can get a whole police uniform, including all the gear, if you want to spend enough money to pretend to be an officer.

Comment

I guess you guys are right... I remember this story lol

[url]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5590225.ece[/url]

Comment

[QUOTE=jrm1988]Why would anyone want to pose to be in the military....

That just seems crazy stupid... not to mention it'd take a candy *** to do that.[/QUOTE]

I know as a marine in San Antonio I would go out in Dress Blues and the girls and drinks were amazing;)

Comment

Isn't what hes's doing against the law? He must have been so embarrassed:eek:

Comment

Hes so dumb he shouldnt be allowed to repopulate the earth. Seriously how did only one person notice this pos. I have seen some messed up uniforms in my day but never anyone going all out like that and fing it up.

Comment

I have much respect for the Marines and their pride. This is a disgrace to my brothers that serve in the Corps.

Yuck.

Comment

Well I belive he can go to jail for it. In my JROTC unit we are told not to use the Class A or Class B for other things besides JROTC. Doing so can get you in trouble with the law. This is disrespectful AND illegal.

Comment

Yeah, military personell aren't allowed to randomly wear their uniforms out in publics are they?

Why should people be allowed to do it that arent in?

Comment

[QUOTE=jrm1988]Yeah, military personell aren't allowed to randomly wear their uniforms out in publics are they?[/quote]
                        Nope. but that's because they're IN the military.
                        [QUOTE=jrm1988]Why should people be allowed to do it that arent in?[/QUOTE]
                        Because they're civilians.

And I wouldn't sweat it. Guys like this are almost inevitably caught. If this kid pulls this again, he might get more than a talking to. He's lucky he was outed in the middle of an airport. If he was spotted in a parking lot at night, it might have had a different outcome.

Comment

Maybe he was trying to get out of paying those murderous baggage fees.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]Maybe he was trying to get out of paying those murderous baggage fees.[/QUOTE]

Now theres an idea

Comment

[QUOTE=jrm1988]Yeah, military personell aren't allowed to randomly wear their uniforms out in publics are they?

Why should people be allowed to do it that arent in?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember the exact wording...but I believe as far as a civilian impersonating a military figure for gains and benefits...is punishable by law (yes including accurate Halloween Costumes). This is the reason why there's uniform defects done on purpose to actors in movies imitating a military figure (crooked rank placement is an example of this).

The exemption to this, is if the civilian is former military. Then there's strict guidelines that must be followed when you can and cannot wear your prior military uniform.

And as far as being in the military and uniform regs...they vary. For instance...ARNG can wear their ACUs in public areas when on duty. USMC cannot wear any camouflage uniforms off base or assigned duty location.

Comment

It is illegal for a civilian to wear military uniform, 10 USC II Chapter 45

A Except as otherwise provided by law, no person except a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, as the case may be, may wear—
                                (1) the uniform, or a distinctive part of the uniform, of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps; or
                                (2) a uniform any part of which is similar to a distinctive part of the uniform of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps.

Comment

Working...
                                X