X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes or No

We are going by these rules or not? I dont have an opinion one way or another but just wondering since we arent following them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News Forum Rules:

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Military related news only.[/COLOR]

No Political stories/debates. The topic will be locked and deleted and this is the only warning.

If you want to post anything else in the News Forum and you think it might be deleted, send any of the Moderators a PM with the Article.

Re: Yes or No

Everything that is being posted now (minus your post) is military news. Sorry for the inconvenience. The rules were posted yesterday night (I assume) and the non-military stories were posted way before that, so why bring this up? FIDO.

Sorry, CPT Burritt, admin rules...Military Only =)

Posts, however, are a different story. Just like [url]http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15548[/url] . The posts turned away from the topic, they were immediately deleted. ANYTHING off topic (because News Stories are hard to get off topic with) will be edited/deleted. No one should get mad, it's not that hard to not turn things ugly.

Comment

[QUOTE=Teuvil]Everything that is being posted now (minus your post) is military news. Sorry for the inconvenience. The rules were posted yesterday night (I assume) and the non-military stories were posted way before that, so why bring this up? FIDO.

Sorry, CPT Burritt, admin rules...Military Only =)

Posts, however, are a different story. Just like [url]http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15548[/url] . The posts turned away from the topic, they were immediately deleted. ANYTHING off topic (because News Stories are hard to get off topic with) will be edited/deleted. No one should get mad, it's not that hard to not turn things ugly.[/QUOTE]

With one of them being that of a Moderator and then mine. I guess mine was because I questioned and quoted Quantum's? :rolleyes:

Comment

I agree with Becky. Half those news threads have nothing to do with the military and the Obama one is CLEARLY political. I'd delete them myself, but I think it's better to just let the forum run it's course and let the Administrator decide if it the News forum was a mistake to begin with.

Comment

[QUOTE=QuantumRN]I agree with Becky. Half those news threads have nothing to do with the military and the Obama one is CLEARLY political. I'd delete them myself, but I think it's better to just let the forum run it's course and let the Administrator decide if it the News forum was a mistake to begin with.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Comment

I don't think it was a mistake. It just needs to be used for the purpose it was designed for.

Comment

Okay, deal!

I just want you all to know that the guidelines were posted AFTER the "non political" threads.

Comment

Why is everything on this forum being sensored? I think it is rediculous, this is after all a public forum.

Comment

[QUOTE=shutterm4]Why is everything on this forum being sensored? I think it is rediculous, this is after all a public forum.[/QUOTE]

Needs to be some moderation. But even they put their foot in their mouth as I just noted. :rolleyes:

Comment

For God's sake. Its a forum, This is a place for people to come exchange ideas and talk. If the Mod's and Admins can sensor whatever they so choose then that is bull poo poo. So some people argue, it happens. Does it mean we need to sensor it? NO. Oh wait, we dont want to scare the newbies. Well, if they can't handle the pressure of a forum i sure as Heck dont want them on the battlefield.

Comment

"When in Rome acted Roman"! This site is a priviledge not a right. It is used as a recruiting resource not only to the possible applicants but to parents, educators, and the likes. I concur sometimes we as a people go off the narrow path and we need guidance (moderators) to guide us back on track or it will turn into a "free for all". Yes or No.....MAYBE:D !

Comment

If we followed the rules to the core, you all would not be here posting, most would be banned and almost all would leave cause of how strict it would be. Sorry for trying to keep this place free with a base set of rules.

But, from what everyone is saying, we need to only have Recruiting and Retention on here.

You bend your back for people and they push you further down... /sigh

Comment

sounds like we need some moderators for the moderators. Incoming poll shortly to vote

Comment

Whats funny is all the discussion about the FORUM DRAMA of the News Section is just talking about the news section itself and not the news. haha. I see what you moderators are doing! Ensuring Success! Discuss?

Comment

[QUOTE=SGT Bart]sounds like we need some moderators for the moderators.[/QUOTE]

You're right, they're called ADMINISTRATORS. And here is more shocking news... The Administrators make the rules, and the Moderators enforce them.

It's okay, you're a n00b so no one expects you to know that. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X