X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Training Pay

i ship out in 9 days, how much do you get paid for going to basic. i heard they pay you. just wondering.

Re: Basic Training Pay

you get paid whatever your pay grade is. while you are in IET (Basic and AIT), you are considered "Active Duty" and therefore get full Active Duty Pay for your rank.

look at the pay chart(posted in the sticky thread) and find your Pay grade (E-1, E-2, E-3, etc.) and you'll see what you'll get paid.

but don't expect to see much of that money in Basic.

anyone else, please correct me if I am wrong here.

Comment

[QUOTE=MadisonIV]you get paid whatever your pay grade is. while you are in IET (Basic and AIT), you are considered "Active Duty" and therefore get full Active Duty Pay for your rank.

look at the pay chart(posted in the sticky thread) and find your Pay grade (E-1, E-2, E-3, etc.) and you'll see what you'll get paid.

but don't expect to see much of that money in Basic.

anyone else, please correct me if I am wrong here.[/QUOTE]

You will actually be surprised how much you spend in basic. I didn't buy much and the end I'd say I spent around 350 to 400 dollars.

Comment

[QUOTE=cheeseman]You will actually be surprised how much you spend in basic. I didn't buy much and the end I'd say I spent around 350 to 400 dollars.[/QUOTE]

really? when I was in basic, I spent probably 250 bucks at the most. I don't consider that a lot compared to what I was paid over the course of basic. was probably less than that. for shaving and personal hygiene crap, and extra socks and underwear and stuff. other than that, I didn't really have much chance to spend anything until I got to AIT.

but this was a decade ago. god I'm 28 but I feel so old.

Comment

[QUOTE=MadisonIV]
          ...but this was a decade ago. god I'm 28 but I feel so old.[/QUOTE]

:eek: old! Good god what's wrong with you. :rolleyes: I guess we're given $350 and must spend the entire thing before leaving BCT now. I'm not looking forward to it. It's going to be pleanty hard to pay the bills after I'm away from the house. I can't wait to go, but the only thing that will help me while I'm gone is the BAH.

Comment

It really wasnt hard to spend all the money on that card. First they have you purchase a pair of running shoes. It doesnt matter how new or well fit the ones you bring with you are, you are required to buy new ones.

Packing light for Bct is a good suggestion. There are a few reasons why, just trust this one. So you will need to purchase all hygiene items for two months. Shavors, soap, towels, shower shoes, tooth paste...all that good stuff. Plus you will likely want a phone card, stamps, and envolopes. Washing your clothing isnt always the easiest, so purchasing extra PTs tan T-shirts, PT socks, green socks, and underwear comes in handy. It is almost necessary. Washers break, there are only so many to begin with...its just nice to have a few extras.

Comment

Re: how to read army pay chart

Using the 'Sticky Pay Chart" in this thread, you find your rank on the left-hand side, using the first colum (under two years service) and look at the dollar amount. You will get half of that, twice a month on aprox the 1st and 15th of the month. Depending on date you arrive to Bct, it may take a missed pay period or two before you see your first payment.

Comment

[QUOTE=bangbangshotdown] i heard they pay you. just wondering.[/QUOTE]

you HEARD they pay you? are you serious?

did you know they pay you for being in the army too :eek: :eek: :eek:

Comment

im shipping out in 2 weeks, i was actually wondering about the pay as well, i looked at a chart and it says 1,546.83, now is that a month or the whole time?

Comment

Working...
                  X