Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIMS Test Scores...

Hi,
    So I went to MEPS last week for active duty Army. I passed the physical and everything, but I didnt score high enough on the AIMS test qualify as a Tier 1 enlistment. So, they said either get 15 college credits or retake the AIMS in one year. I scored a 37 I believe and they said I needed a 55. So, I went to see a Guard recruiter and he says that he has never heard of anyone failing an AIMS test before and all the people he called said the same thing. Funny thing is, 6 of us took it and only one "passed". Anyways, Guard recruiter says that it shouldnt be a problem for me to get into the Guard. We are waiting until around Monday for MEPS to change my records over to the Guard so he can access them and know more. My question is does anyone know if the Guard has a minumum number to meet on the AIMS to get in? If there isnt one like he thinks, I guess I will be okay but I am just nervous. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Re: AIMS Test Scores...

Sorry can't help ya... I never even heard of an AIMS test, but good luck all the same.

Comment

How do you fail the AIMS test you just say no to everthing. Do you have a GED?

Comment

Found my answers from the recruiter today!

Well I didn't fail persay. I have a Tier 2 diploma which is a GED to the Army. When I went to MEPS last week, my region had already filled all of their Tier 2/GED slots for the fiscal year. So, they said that if I score at least a 55 on the AIMS, they can waiver my Tier 2 diploma to count as a Tier 1 and I can enlist. Well I didnt make the score so I was sent home. My NG recruiter said that as long as there are GED slots in Ohio still available for the Guard, which there are as for right now, I can get in the Guard. He cant get my MEPS record switched to him until my DAT results get added and he thinks it will be Monday. I dont do drugs so when they come back Moday, I should be able to go back to MEPS for the Guard around Wednesday and pick a job. Yay! :D

Comment

I know how that is AIMS test is some of the biggest bowl of sh*t there is to get in to AA, good luck.

Comment

I know! Right? I passed everything else with flying colors. 20/20 vision, perfect color vision, in shape, 67 on ASVAB with all line scores 110 or better, no waiver for anything, and I got turned down due to a personality test, which I answered like I was a "good little boy". LoL How messed up? I even told them I would take 11X with no bonus if they could get me in and they still said no.

Comment

[QUOTE=SGTHess]Sorry can't help ya... I never even heard of an AIMS test, but good luck all the same.[/QUOTE]

+1.... WTH is a AIMS test?

Comment

It's a 27 question test that the Army gives to Tier 2 or GED holders that want to enlist. Its a personality test. Here is an example of one of the questions...

1. Select one that is most like you and most not like you.

A. When someone hits me, I hit them right back.
                B. I believe laws are in place to keep us in good order.
                C. When I promised to complete a task, I rarely kept that promise.
                D. My teachers in school would say that I am a respectable student.

So you do 27 of these. You will see some of them repeat themselves in different ways to try to catch you if you are trying to lie. If caught, that is how you fail. Anyways, they keep these results on file that follow you in your career so they can put patterns and trends with how you do. So if a group of you end up getting kicked out, they will look at everyone's AIMS tests and see if there is a pattern and vice versa if you do good. It's another way for the Army to turn soldiers into test sujects basically. They are considering adding this for everyone who enlists next fiscal year.
                Last edited by RavenCincy; May 15th, 2009, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Yep, don't forget the "Have you ever thought about killing......? over and over and over. I thought it was funny because your going in to the Army and then the baynet course all you say is kill kill kill.

Comment

ohhhh I see....

its like a pysch test when u try to get a job like a police officer...

Comment

[QUOTE=taseal]ohhhh I see....

its like a pysch test when u try to get a job like a police officer...[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, I had to take one that spanned about 7-8 pages in order to take a sales position at a Best Buy store years ago.

Comment

[QUOTE=plano2001]Oddly enough, I had to take one that spanned about 7-8 pages in order to take a sales position at a Best Buy store years ago.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I had to do that for sears and all too... and for brinks

you ever see the one for MDPD? check out MMPI, its 800 questions!!!!! lol

Comment

I had that same test it does try and trick you:D

And then as its been said you go to BCT and march to the sound of kill kill kill..... lol shoot em in the head kill and reload and shoot em again lol kinda odd in a way but its just to make sure your not stuck in the civilian way of killing and or thaughts of it. The best advice for this test is "attention to detail"

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                          X