X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Let's entertain Becky thread!

[QUOTE=RSP NCO;136415]You have to start with page 1 and go from there. That explains everything.[/QUOTE]

Will pay someone 10 bucks to put this on wikipedia so I can just skim it.

Comment

Guess what, i'm on my way to Key West from Wisconsin. I was tired of the cold. Drove 17 hours today and have 13 left, reservations for Thursday thru Sunday then not sure. :) Its getting warmer!!!!

Comment

It's not terribly warm here in Florida right now (I guess compared to Wisconsin it's positivly balmy!), but hope you enjoy your trip. I was reading about your employer issues, you're lucky you don't live in a right to work/right to fire you for any danged reason (like my creative use of the word "danged"?). My boss fired a NGsman because he volunteered during the initial Haiti response. He didn't actually deploy, but because he volunteered he was let go. And my boss is not only a veteran, he has a step-son on AD. Putz!
        Anyway, good luck and enjoy Fl. It's better than Cheese-consin (especially this time of year).

Comment

Got back mid last week! Was going to spend 4 nights in Key West, ended up gone 15 nights. heheee Stopped just north of Atlanta, then Fort Lauderdale, then six nights in Key West, then to Alabama, then North Carolina on the outter Banks visiting Myrtle on the way, saw Darlington, went back to Fort Jackson (stayed in same motel I did between Bct/Ait) saw MoreHead City,Camp Macon, Camp LeJeune, Cherry Point then to Atlanta again then Indianapolis, saw Indy and back on home. Lots of pics! Great weather. Sunset sails, parasailing, good eating, good people, good bars, lots of attractions in between. :)

Then spent a few days working some orders. We are doing these SIMEXs and I RTOed for the Brigade level. Used BFT. That was cool! Great learning experience as was just using DTS for the first required time. UCK!
          Last edited by WIBecky74; March 2nd, 2011, 03:14 PM. Reason: Fort Macon! lots of pics too!

Comment

Glad your back Becky, you were missed, I guess you understand why I love living in the Southeast, its Gods country.. LOL

Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the area! I've visited before but never to escape the cold and spend as much time in each area. Trying to talk someone into going with me but i'd love to move down there! I took like 1500 pictures, all on FB. lol Benning area, namely AL side is expanding like crazy! All those houses! Unbelievable. Post I hear is starting to build 35000 for the tankers moving (or moved) in. I wish I was in the trade i'd be there yesterday. I dont know how well i'd do as a laboror and I know there are workers in the area. Everywhere down there had help wanted signs too. Granted hard to live on those jobs alone but still quite different then here. Smokes were half the cost, food reasonable...not sure about utilities. I heard what those houses outside post are paying for them, thats a bit crazy but they all have two air conditioners and are huge. TN had work too.

Comment

If you've tended bar you can probably find work easily in Nashville. We make decent money at the bank where i work, but my buddy's wife makes considerably more than him tending bar on Broadway. And she doesn't work at one of the really popular bars.

Comment

Spent Mon-Sun as ADVON and a MUTA 5 (in the field) the past week. I live in Wisconsin. It was in the teens in the morning. No heat in the sleep tents. :) Wasnt that a joy. It rained, it hailed, it snowed. New Commander and 1sg that have VERY different ideas then before. Its an Infantry Brigade, not an Infantry Unit. lol Interesting nontheless. Also got in the what could be new DADT brief that goes in effect 60 days after signed, if signed... that was very informative. The field was the field. Lots of generator, SICPS, setting up TOC/TAC, loaders, gas fillers, drivers, experts within the unit now. Advon was an adventure in itself. Two females, other was an LT. I was put with everyone...the enlisted. New experience. I'm on my third day of recovery. Starting to feel a little back to normal. Probably should have gone in and gotten a bit of hydration...forced... but I was tired of hearing "its a man's army" those first five days and wasnt going to admit that although i did pull my share, I about died! So doing it the hard way. Staying awake long enough was the challenge at first, now i'm almost 100%. One hot meal, four meals in a bag, in the field in cruddy conditions... some would be jealous getting some decent training and boxes checked.

Comment

Working...
                  X