X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it True?

Is it true that late at night while you are sleeping, there's a drill sergeant creeping all around?

What's the most HOOAH thing you've ever done in the National Guard?

I was asleep like maybe 2nd week, a DS was going through and told the Fire Guard to keep their mouths shut. Seems someone left a wall locker unlocked. I woke up to everything in the locker being thrown across the room in all directions and when the DS was done with the inside of the locker, he just tossed the wall locker itself. Another time I just returned from being a battlebuddy for a guy that went to the hospital. We got back to the barracks about 0330. Wakeup was at 0400, I had just laid down in my bunk to catch my 30min of sleep before I had to get up. For some reason I woke up and new someone was next to me before I opened my eyes. About 6in from my face was a DS. He wanted to know why I was special and could sleep in my BDUs. We had to sleep in PTs. I started to explain but caught my excuse before my mouth opened. Dropped off my top bunk, into the leaning rest and knocked out 20, then changed into PTs. I bet I got maybe 5min of sleep before I was back putting on the BDUs again. So yes, they do walk.

I have done alot of cool things in the Guard. Jumping out of many different types of aircraft, especially into water is always a favorite and the landings dont hurt. ha Ha.. Shooting all types of weapons, and different types of training. The friends and brothers that I have made, cannot be replaced. Helping the community in a time of need, and the peoples faces. Going to different places, I would have never thought of going. There is alot that I am leaving out because whats cool to me might not be cool to the next guy. I enjoy all parts of my job, I wouldnt trade if for anything.

Comment

[QUOTE=Phantom]I was asleep like maybe 2nd week, a DS was going through and told the Fire Guard to keep their mouths shut. Seems someone left a wall locker unlocked. I woke up to everything in the locker being thrown across the room in all directions and when the DS was done with the inside of the locker, he just tossed the wall locker itself. Another time I just returned from being a battlebuddy for a guy that went to the hospital. We got back to the barracks about 0330. Wakeup was at 0400, I had just laid down in my bunk to catch my 30min of sleep before I had to get up. For some reason I woke up and new someone was next to me before I opened my eyes. About 6in from my face was a DS. He wanted to know why I was special and could sleep in my BDUs. We had to sleep in PTs. I started to explain but caught my excuse before my mouth opened. Dropped off my top bunk, into the leaning rest and knocked out 20, then changed into PTs. I bet I got maybe 5min of sleep before I was back putting on the BDUs again. So yes, they do walk.

I have done alot of cool things in the Guard. Jumping out of many different types of aircraft, especially into water is always a favorite and the landings dont hurt. ha Ha.. Shooting all types of weapons, and different types of training. The friends and brothers that I have made, cannot be replaced. Helping the community in a time of need, and the peoples faces. Going to different places, I would have never thought of going. There is alot that I am leaving out because whats cool to me might not be cool to the next guy. I enjoy all parts of my job, I wouldnt trade if for anything.[/QUOTE]

Very cool post Phantom.

Comment

[QUOTE=RE4Wavier4me]Is it true that late at night while you are sleeping, there's a drill sergeant creeping all around?

What's the most HOOAH thing you've ever done in the National Guard?[/QUOTE]

The coolest thing that I've done or done to me???

Well I got two, The first one I got 100 mph taped to a hummvee while sleeping too sweet
        And the other, I made an Al Qaeda terrorist cry.
        Last edited by Recruiter yosis; April 15th, 2009, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Yes, during red-phase the DS on duty would come in and grab every lock and check every locker to see if it was open.

One night the DS was doing this when a Private woke up, well he was VERY groggy maybe even sleep walking and he grabbed the DS by the collar and pulled him in real close like he was going to fight him. Turns out the kid (Private) was half asleep and thought someone was messing with his locker.

I have never heard a person yell as loud as that DS did...I woke up freaked out from the racket as the DS was verbally destroying this kid. This happened at the bunk next to mine...

Thankfully the DS realized that the kid was confused and half asleep. As the cycle went on it became the funniest topic for that particular DS and this little 17 year old PVT.

Coolest thing I have done? I am a newbee..

Comment

I love all these stories!

[QUOTE=Recruiter yosis]The coolest thing that I've done or done to me???

Well I got two, The first one I got 100 mph taped to a hummvee while sleeping too sweet
            And the other, I made an Al Qaeda terrorist cry.[/QUOTE]

I have to hear more about these though...

Comment

I agree that that was a great post, Phantom. It's cool to hear actual STORIES!

Gutshotstraight: good story as well.

[QUOTE=Recruiter yosis]And the other, I made an Al Qaeda terrorist cry.[/QUOTE]
              Cool. Let's hear the STORY already!!!!! ;)

To me, THIS is what this Thread category (Adventure) should be about. Seems individuals have gotten away with not necessarily adhering to the category... :eek:

Comment

[QUOTE=GutshotStraight]Yes, during red-phase the DS on duty would come in and grab every lock and check every locker to see if it was open.[/QUOTE]

So THIS is explains why everyone warns to not simply lock your lock and then dial in the combination for easy opening later... :D

Comment

In BCT the Drill sergeants would walk through the bays at night to make sure nothing crazy was going on. I accidently walked into one when i got up to pee. It scared the crap out of me and i went running back to the bay. He cussed me out and then left. This was like the 4th day of Basic so needless to say I was freaked out.

The most Hooah thing i have done in the guard was my last drill weekend. We partnered with the community of Grand Praire and helped build a park for kids in a low income area. I also got to paint a parking lot by hand, that was pretty high speed. We are currently waiting for our unit to get back so we don't do a whole lot of high speed stuff right now. We paint alot and clean the armory.

Comment

Our DSs would walk around and check to make sure you were sleeping under the blankets AND sheets and not over the sheet to make it easier to make the bed in the morning.

Comment

We had a guy in my platoon who mooned the other platoon from one of the bay windows. Funny and all until the person who saw the butt was that bays' DS. Wow, we got stronger that day. Same guy started getting into it with another guy and before you know it one wall locker fell over and it dominoed into 4 more wall lockers falling. Our DS was in his office. He opened the door and goes "front lean and rest move. Now what happened?" A guy during dry fire still had one in the chamber and shot it off. DS threw his M16 down the firing lane lol.

Comment

[QUOTE=ffjweber]I agree that that was a great post, Phantom. It's cool to hear actual STORIES!

Gutshotstraight: good story as well.

Cool. Let's hear the STORY already!!!!! ;)

To me, THIS is what this Thread category (Adventure) should be about. Seems individuals have gotten away with not necessarily adhering to the category... :eek:[/QUOTE]

Well, there I was (good start to many bs stories)... at this time I was on active duty in South Korea with an armor bat and I just came off a 20-something hour shift on the tower with the "Old Man" and the Sgt Major.So I finally got off the hill and went directly towards my hooch and went to sleep.
                        I didn't know that I was a LOUD snorer due to a sinus infection that I had.
                        So a few of my commo mates thought it would be funny to keep me in my summer bag and tape me onto the brush guard of a hummer. With out waking me up, they 100 mph taped the sleeping bag shut and held and taped me the hummer. Then I woke up with the hummee slightly moving forwards, I started to trip the f$ck out moving all around trying to get myself free nothing worked. Then the hummee parked I waited for maybe 15-20 mins but to me it could have been hours.I start to hear people laughing and then I heard the "Old Man" let that GD MF-er out of the GD bag you SOBs. I was about to sh!t me pants when I heard that one. So they cut me out and I'm in front of the DFAC with the Old Man and Sgt major just pissed off at the world.
                        So the rest of our time out at gunnery commo had to walk everywhere.

Well when I come back from school I tell ya'll about the midget and the donkey...... true story!

Comment

when i was stationed at Ft Hood, it was during the lunch hour and our hanger was mostly empty, save for some of the TI's and QC's folk in the QC office. One of the fellas decided it would be funny to hook a certain private that no one liked into the pneumatic lift and hoist him and leave him like that. So we grabbed some of the huge zip ties the armament plt had, zip tied and 100 mph taped him, and hoisted him. WELL, it doesnt end nicely. The Bravo foxtrot this turd was narced us out and needless to say...school of soldier on a sat.

to this day, i still resent that turd.

Comment

Too sweet and I thought I had it bad that day lol

Comment

this one is a bit on the foul side.

so while stationed in Illsheim, Germany, out unit was up for annual gunnery. It was also in prep for our upcomig deployment for the buildup for oif. I was in the rear with the special phase team, so this was the story told to me.

we had an nco, former cannon-cocker (no offense) and somewhat dim-witted. while in the chow hall in baumholder, some of the fellas grabbed an extra serving of cookies and took them to the FARP. Before they left, they gave them a special treat. Let's say it involved placing them in an orrifice, wrapped them back in the saranwrap and took off to the FARP. later that night as the last bird came in for the night, they gave him the cookies. He ate them on the way back, said they tasted rather good.

It wasnt till they were heading back to illsheim that they informed the nco of the special flavoring.

quite possibly the nastiest and vile joke i have ever heard of but rather funny. it doesnt end well, they got summarized article-15's.

Comment

Working...
                              X