Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=ANGWifeApril]So, today is officially 2 weeks since my husband left for BCT. Im having a really bad night. Ive had a headache all day. And my nerves are shot because i havent gotten the letter that my husband told me a week ago that he sent ( he was able to call BRIEFLY and then again when he officially got to BCT to let me know he got there from reception)....anyway, i feel like that because I havent gotten the letter and i havent sent anything TO HIM back yet, that hes going to think the worst.

My husband is the kind of person who thinks bad thoughts just so that if something bad happens hes not let down. Im sick to my stomach that because i havent gotten his letter and havent been able to send one back to him that hes going to think that I gave up on him and that is CLEARLY not the case. I love him SO much and Im SOO SOO worried that hes going to think somethings wrong. I told him when he called the second time that I hadnt gotten it which was a few days ago. I should have gotten it by now. And tomorrow is Good Friday which means no mail AGAIN.

I REALLY wish that his letter OR AT LEAST the packet they send to you from BCT Reception stating his address and whatnot would get here so that i CAN write to him my undying devoted love to him. Ive written him S-E-V-E-N letters since hes been gone but i cant send them because i dont have an address...Im having a freaking anxiety attack, my head hurts more then anything right now, i have bad hips and my left one is hurting something fierce, and im literally worried out of my mind that hes thinking since i havent written him that ive given up on us.

AND, im lonely beyond anything.....since I bought my canvas last night, ive painted S-E-V-E-N paintings and Im working on the eighth because it normally keeps my mind off things but tonight as i was painting all these thoughts kept hitting me.....Goddess help me i wish he would call me or i would get his letter or SOMETHING!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Im not gonna lie, that is the most micky mouse b.s ive read in a long time. 2 weeks? Hope he doesnt get deployed.

Comment

Sounds very codependent...but we don't know her circumstances so maybe this is the first time they have been apart in a long time? Who knows?

Comment

[QUOTE=davidvonyork]Im not gonna lie, that is the most micky mouse b.s ive read in a long time. 2 weeks? Hope he doesnt get deployed.[/QUOTE]

Finally!!! Someone else says the same thing I said to her before!! It seems that maybe she needs a life....she's been whining all over these forums since he left. Two weeks? Gimme a break!!! Even if they have never been apart, I'm not sure its a cause for crying.

Comment

Well, we are here to support, stay strong.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jenae]Finally!!! Someone else says the same thing I said to her before!! It seems that maybe she needs a life....she's been whining all over these forums since he left. Two weeks? Gimme a break!!! Even if they have never been apart, I'm not sure its a cause for crying.[/QUOTE]

LMAO! It is like hook, line, and sink on that one. I couldn't imagine have a chronic nagger; I bet she is a awesome activity coordinator. Maybe she needs a pet, job, or take a self improvement class.

Comment

Just be patient. And when you finally get his address send him your letters. It was like 4 weeks before I got any mail when I was in training. He is busy and in a very rushed environment and he probably hasn't had much time to write either. Don't worry, you will get mail eventually.

[QUOTE=Jenae]Finally!!! Someone else says the same thing I said to her before!! It seems that maybe she needs a life....she's been whining all over these forums since he left. Two weeks? Gimme a break!!! Even if they have never been apart, I'm not sure its a cause for crying.[/QUOTE]

This lady has a family and a husband that she clearly loves and wants to support. If you have nothing good to say quit being an a S S hole and just keep your mouth shut. The purpose of the forum is to support, not to harass

Comment

[QUOTE=shutterm4]
                This lady has a family and a husband that she clearly loves and wants to support. If you have nothing good to say quit being an a S S hole and just keep your mouth shut. The purpose of the forum is to support, not to harass[/QUOTE]

I just find it hard to believe that its such a shocker to her. Was none of this discussed prior to enlisting or shipping? Or was bootcamp believed to be some kind of vacation full of modern conveniences?

Without a doubt, recruiters probably get most of their initial questions related to boot camp.

Comment

I have to agree with steve on this one...

Everything will be fine, relax and stop posting rants all over the place.

One good topic will suffice for what you need. Welcome to the military, it will not be easy.

A lot of people think being in the guard is a "weekend warrior" only going to be gone for the length of a business trip, but now a days the guard is becoming more and more full time, and like the "big army." That means more frequent time away from the family.

Stop thinking so negatively and everything will be fine.

Comment

Just stay positive for your own sanity and for your husband because he needs posiive encouragement and support from you right now. THat will help him to get through the tough times at training when he really misses you - having letters from you saying how proud of him you are and you can't wait to see him in uniform will go alot further for him then sad depressing I can't live without you letters!

Comment

[QUOTE=robinpugs06]Just stay positive for your own sanity and for your husband because he needs posiive encouragement and support from you right now. THat will help him to get through the tough times at training when he really misses you - having letters from you saying how proud of him you are and you can't wait to see him in uniform will go alot further for him then sad depressing I can't live without you letters![/QUOTE]

I agree! I have been part of the military family my whole life (father and now boyfriend) and you have to be a SUPPORT for him. I know it is hard and I miss my man too but keep sending letters of support and how proud of him you are and stay positive! :) They are stressed as it is and by what you have written he worries as it is...so keep the letters up and send them when you get his address and fill them with funny stories/updates, hugs and kisses! :p

Take care and hang in there!
                      Last edited by ArmyBrat2ArmyGF; April 15th, 2009, 12:17 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=ArmyBrat2ArmyGF]I agree! I have been part of the military family my whole life (father and now boyfriend) and you have to be a SUPPORT for him. I know it is hard and I miss my man too but keep sending letters of support and how proud of him you are and stay positive! :) They are stressed as it is and by what you have written he worries as it is...so keep the letters up and send them when you get his address and fill them with funny stories/updates, hugs and kisses! :p

Take care and hang in there![/QUOTE]

Did you just say your father is now your boyfriend?? ha ha.. Just messing with you. I would like to thank you for your support of your soldiers. Household 6, plays a role that is needed and often goes unthanked. Stay strong and Good Luck.

Comment

[QUOTE=Phantom]Did you just say your father is now your boyfriend?? ha ha.. Just messing with you. I would like to thank you for your support of your soldiers. Household 6, plays a role that is needed and often goes unthanked. Stay strong and Good Luck.[/QUOTE]

Eeeewwww...that is just wrong! :eek: LOL But yes, the military family's support is an important part of the soldier's duty. My mom was a great example of strength to us kids when my dad went to war (3 times) and this is now my turn with my boyfriend (different man LOL)! :p

Comment

Working...
                          X