X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing him.... :( Im dying.... :(

So, today is officially 2 weeks since my husband left for BCT. Im having a really bad night. Ive had a headache all day. And my nerves are shot because i havent gotten the letter that my husband told me a week ago that he sent ( he was able to call BRIEFLY and then again when he officially got to BCT to let me know he got there from reception)....anyway, i feel like that because I havent gotten the letter and i havent sent anything TO HIM back yet, that hes going to think the worst.

My husband is the kind of person who thinks bad thoughts just so that if something bad happens hes not let down. Im sick to my stomach that because i havent gotten his letter and havent been able to send one back to him that hes going to think that I gave up on him and that is CLEARLY not the case. I love him SO much and Im SOO SOO worried that hes going to think somethings wrong. I told him when he called the second time that I hadnt gotten it which was a few days ago. I should have gotten it by now. And tomorrow is Good Friday which means no mail AGAIN.

I REALLY wish that his letter OR AT LEAST the packet they send to you from BCT Reception stating his address and whatnot would get here so that i CAN write to him my undying devoted love to him. Ive written him S-E-V-E-N letters since hes been gone but i cant send them because i dont have an address...Im having a freaking anxiety attack, my head hurts more then anything right now, i have bad hips and my left one is hurting something fierce, and im literally worried out of my mind that hes thinking since i havent written him that ive given up on us.

AND, im lonely beyond anything.....since I bought my canvas last night, ive painted S-E-V-E-N paintings and Im working on the eighth because it normally keeps my mind off things but tonight as i was painting all these thoughts kept hitting me.....Goddess help me i wish he would call me or i would get his letter or SOMETHING!!!!!!!!

give him some time, he will write. Don't think the worst, he is in an IET environment, he will be ok. You need to be strong for him. Support him, write, even if you havent sent them yet. 2 weeks is cake, consider this a test for the big one, the deployments.

Comment

im trying to be strong...and if i can make it through this deployments will be cake. at least in deployments ill have SOME sort of communication with him HOWEVER little it is....

Comment

My husband just left on tuesday and it feels like hes been gone so much longer. He is also at Benning. He called today and said they make them wait so long before they are allowed to write and give the address out if it makes u feel any better. Don't worry about him he will be fine. He said there are a couple hundred guys there so everything takes time. A lot of hurry up and wait.;) Just try to be strong and he will get in touch as soon as he is able to I know its hard but if he knows that you are worried then it will make him worried and all he needs to focus on right now is getting through these few months. Everything will work out.

Comment

you dont understand...he said he SENT a letter already. over a week ago. i havent gotten it yet...i got the paperwork about tricare and such already and he said that was sent out the same day that his letter supposedly was. so i dunno whats going on.

Comment

Alot of times during basic - at least this was what happened in our Company- the mail was collected by the Drill Sergeants and then it was up to them to have it picked up and actually sent out. It could just be that there was a delay in when the DSs had all the mail sent. Plus, the mail coming in and out of there is in HUGE numbers so it is going to take quite a bit longer for it to be sorted and sent.

Comment

maybe thats why i got the packet about tricare but not his letter yet?

Comment

[QUOTE=ANGWifeApril]maybe thats why i got the packet about tricare but not his letter yet?[/QUOTE]

Most likely. I know it is hard to be patient but you will hear from him soon!

Comment

I would recommend finding a new hobby, getting a dog/cat, spending time with family, exercising, and generally getting out to do something. Any combination or part of the above should help you get your mind on something else.

Comment

[QUOTE=HeelToeSTi]I would recommend finding a new hobby, getting a dog/cat, spending time with family, exercising, and generally getting out to do something. Any combination or part of the above should help you get your mind on something else.[/QUOTE]

I have hobbies ( as many as i can with three little girls and no family or friends really here), I have a dog AND a cat in addition to two snakes, three hermit crabs and a fish....and i do exercise....i do yoga and meditate. :)

Comment

I went to benning so I am speaking from experince here. I wrote home my first week and my mom didnt recieve it untill after my red phase was over(red phase is the first 3 weeks of BCT). Like said in one of the above post the mail going out is a crap load. A BCT class starts every thursday so you can only imagine the number of privates writing home. I bet youll get it sometime next week.

Comment

I call "military" mail arriving at its destination in anything under 2 weeks....fast.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]I call "military" mail arriving at its destination in anything under 2 weeks....fast.[/QUOTE]

*giggle*....so then i should be receiving this coming week then. Yesterday was two weeks since he left.

Comment

Consider joining the Family Readiness Group for your husband's unit. Then you'll connect with others who have been in your situation. Contact your husband's unit or recruiter to get in touch.

Comment

[QUOTE=matthew.ritchie]Consider joining the Family Readiness Group for your husband's unit. Then you'll connect with others who have been in your situation. Contact your husband's unit or recruiter to get in touch.[/QUOTE]

I looked up the FRG for rhode island and only one came up.......And im not sure if its the thing youre talking about. [url]http://ringassist.com/default.asp[/url] Is that it?
                              Last edited by ANGWifeApril; April 10th, 2009, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X