X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army civil or auxillary?

Does the Army have a civil or auxiliary branch? I know the Air Force has the Civil Air Patrol and the Coast guard the CG Auxiliary...does the Army have anything like that that I could volunteer for? Nothing against the AF or CG I am just partial to the Army. And yes I did do a search but to no avail...
    Thanks
    Last edited by robinpugs06; March 31st, 2009, 09:56 PM.

[QUOTE=robinpugs06]Does the Army have a civil or auxillary branch? I know the Air Force has the Civil Air Patrol and the Coast guard the CG Auxillary...does the Army have anything like that that I could volunteer for? Nothing against the AF or CG I am just partial to the Army. And yes I did do a search but to no avail...
    Thanks[/QUOTE]

Does your state have a state militia?

For instance in CA, we have one and they work hand in hand with the guard on missions. ITs purely volunteer though and kind of treated as a joke sometimes.

Comment

Some states have state militias/guards/state defense units.

Dug up this link: [url]http://www.governorsfootguard.com/[/url]

I don't know anything beyond that, but it might be /something/.

Comment

No. There is a US Army Cadet Corps, which is similar to the program Civil Air Patrol runs on the under 18 side. And there are state defense forces in most states that have a similar operational role in support of their national guard forces.

Comment

Thank you all for the information! I would just like to do my part even if it just a small volunteer thing!

Comment

your state's

Your state may have a defense force. Check it out.

Comment

We don't exactly have a defense force but we have what is called the Governor's Foot Guard and Horse Guard...I am going to look in to those. I will have to get my weight withing the Army's standards though - which I am working on! My Mom wants me to move out to Oregon and I looked at their defense force and you have to be prior military so no luck there :-(

Comment

Working...
              X