X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does Time in Service begin?

Does TIS start when your first sign up, or when you begin your training? Also im in split option does TIS still continue through my break between AIT and Basic?

I'm doing NG only 1 weekend a month/2 weeks per summer. As of the day I swore in (2/17/09 after MEPS) I was officially IN the Guard. I'll be doing RSP for the next 4 months then attending BCT/AIT. You TIS starts when you swear in.

Comment

The day you sign your contract is the day you being your TIS. So basically you can knock an entire year off of your contract before even leaving for BCT.

Comment

[QUOTE=Patriot84]So basically you can knock an entire year off of your contract before even leaving for BCT.[/QUOTE]

I was not trying to knock time off :D but it worked out this way. I just couldn't go until the end of summer. It's what fits into my life. I have such a tremendous gas bill in the winter (+$770 in Jan and Feb this year) that my tenants can not afford the bill. It's all one house and the gas is not separate. So I need the spring/summer to install electric heaters in the house for them. That way they can better control the bills while I'm away! Not to mention, I also need to put a roof on the house before winter! Way to much work to do.

Comment

What if i sign to go "off peak"? When does that begin and would i still go to MEPS now if i sign up on monday? My brother in law signed friday and is going to MEPS on 4-8-09. I didn't know if i'd go when he did if i choose to go "off peak".

Comment

[QUOTE=clyde]I also need to put a roof on the house before winter! Way to much work to do.[/QUOTE]

Could explain the high heating bill. The absence of a roof creates quite a draft. :p

Comment

If this is in respect to promotion, it doesn't start until your first day of IET. So, If I sign my contract in March, the time will still be subtracted from your 6yrs of enlistment or whatever it is, but if you're trying to get promoted to say E2 then your time in grade of E1 begins after your first day of basic. Once you start basic it's non stop from there so if you're a split op you don't get put on hold between your IET and AIT.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]Could explain the high heating bill. The absence of a roof creates quite a draft. :p[/QUOTE]
                :D yep have no heat in the house... the rain is just pouring in... and I'm sitting here waiting till I can "afford" to do the roof! Here's your sign :p

Comment

[QUOTE=Eryq]What if i sign to go "off peak"? When does that begin and would i still go to MEPS now if i sign up on monday? My brother in law signed friday and is going to MEPS on 4-8-09. I didn't know if i'd go when he did if i choose to go "off peak".[/QUOTE]

"off peak" starts in the fall when everyone goes back to school. You can chose to ship to basic up to 360 days after signing the dotted line. So you can go to MEPS at anytime as long as you plan on leaving within a year, minus five days.

Comment

Working...
                  X