X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my dad calls fort len wood fort lost in the woods

my dad told me that they had to tell people not to just go in to the woods by them selves because thry whould get lost and lots of people whould have to try to find them has any one else heard this ? :confused:

[QUOTE=ferguson]my dad told me that they had to tell people not to just go in to the woods by them selves because thry whould get lost and lots of people whould have to try to find them has any one else heard this ? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Sprichen sie Englisch bitte. Vielen dank.

Seriously though, dont worry about it and till you are of legal age to join. Regardless, if you go to FLW for Basic/AIT you will be locked down too much to venture out to the woods.

Comment

Sorry I couldn't tell what the question was because it went on forever were you wondering if your dad told you that?

Comment

Fort Leonardwood, FLW, is in the middle of nowhere. It takes 1.5-2hr to get to either Springfield or St. Louis. There are small towns along the way but nothing of importance. Outside the gates is the town of Waynesville and St. Something. Thats it. There is very little to do, except train. It is in the middle of the Ozark Mtns, so the woods, well they are woods. I live where there is plenty of woods and Mtns so it just normal to me. Its mainly called Ft. Lost in the Woods, because there isnt jack out there.

Comment

St. Roberts is the other town. There are 2 bars, 2 worthless strip clubs, and a few places worth eating at. Oh yea and there is a Wal-Mart. Off post pass is not a very special thing at FLW. It is nice to get away from DS, but there is nothing to do in the surrounding cities.

Comment

badly posted sorry

wow I need to look at things befor i click post. lol That was some bad well every thing.haha:D My dad just said that for some reason people whould go on a hike or walk and get lost and then they whould have to send a group of people to go look for them . Hence the name fort lost in the woods he was there in the 70's and said at least once or twice a year a newbie whould do this. Just wonderd if any one else ever heard this thanks:D

Comment

[QUOTE=ferguson]wow I need to look at things befor i click post.thanks:D[/QUOTE]

I thought you were watching this. Was that befor you wrote this? or whould it have been different. I just wonderd.:D

Comment

my grandma has recently told me stories of how small that place was back in the 50's or 60's, can't remember. Anyway, one of the many places my grandpa was stationed was Ft. Lost in the woods. The family had to go to the base to see a dentist since there wasn't one nearby.

Comment

phantom

I'm just a retard I guess lol. Can't get right should be my name!:D

Comment

i just got back from FLW March 6th. you will never get lost, except POSSIBLY on your land nav course. but they have DS's and cadre watching you so you wont get lost. but there is NOTHING to do there. Being an engineer, they do not give you off post passes. So basically the only thing to do there while on pass is to go to the PX or to the gym. We were never allowed to go to the bowling alley there b/c another company in the 35th bat that went there and got drunk and about 1/4 of them pissed dirty for drugs.

Comment

Chicken and Waffle

...And don't forget the Waffle House out on the Interstate!

Ahhhh...Waffles in the morning, toothless strippers in the evening...Fine living..

Comment

[QUOTE=California Captain]...And don't forget the Waffle House out on the Interstate!

Ahhhh...Waffles in the morning, toothless strippers in the evening...Fine living..[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with getting a little gummie....:D

Comment

Walmart is probably the ONLY exciting thing out there in FLW lol

Comment

And you cannot beat the $8 shots at Twilight!

Comment

Ah, the Twilight Zone, the only Techno/Pool Hall/ American Idol Bar in the world. Its a strange mix, and all the privates in their drunken stuper at the Microtel or Red Roof.. Those were the days.. ha ha..

Comment

Working...
                              X