X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicked out after 2 failed PT tests?

So just had drill weekend and was told that if you fail two consecutive PT tests that you will be discharged from the Guard .. that sounds crazy but we were told it's in a memorandum being passed around to NCOs and Officers to let the lower enlisted know. Anyone hear anything about this? (Thankfully I won't have to worry about this one :D )

It hasn't been this way before. And I haven't heard of any changes. That's a lot of pressure on all soldiers regardless of their rank and position.

Comment

It just sounds too crazy and a waste of money .. think of the amount of $ they spend on a soldier to put him through IET and AIT - I feel financially it wouldn't be worth it to have to fill that slot with a new recruit. Maybe it just applies to those who haven't gone to basic yet.

Comment

Well it is technically your duty to stay in shape and be able to perform, if you are failing in this why should they give you an exception?

It's all part of being a solider, physically fit, you are basically wasting the military's money if you fail. At least keep yourself passing the minimums of the APFT, 60% isn't that hard to do. Or is it 70% I forget. he he he :P

Comment

[QUOTE=CaliFit77]Well it is technically your duty to stay in shape and be able to perform, if you are failing in this why should they give you an exception?

It's all part of being a solider, physically fit, you are basically wasting the military's money if you fail. At least keep yourself passing the minimums of the APFT, 60% isn't that hard to do. Or is it 70% I forget. he he he :P[/QUOTE]

Well, then people basically waste money being profile rangers too right?

Comment

Dont fail [B]1[/B] PT test and the problem is solved. Why would you even want to accept failure as an option as a soldier?

Comment

i've heard

That if you don't pass the pt test you can not be promoted.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]Well, then people basically waste money being profile rangers too right?[/QUOTE]

Yuppers, sure is, there are exceptions for people who are actually injured and their body needs the rest. People who ride profiles should be taken out back and shot. :p Well not that serious, but maybe. If it was up to me, I would for the flat out rudeness of being lazy and not doing something as simple as staying in decent shape.

But, I am a big ol meany like that :p

Comment

We need to help soldiers that are having trouble performing. Whether it be PT, shooting, or driving a deuce in a half. Most of them do want to succeed and are worth it. :rolleyes:
                  Last edited by SteveLord; March 15th, 2009, 11:44 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=RE4Wavier4me]That if you don't pass the pt test you can not be promoted.[/QUOTE]

Of course you cannot be promoted if you cannot pass your APFT. It is part of the job. If you cant flip a burger right you wouldnt get promoted, so why should you be able to be promoted without doing your job in the military.? There are also alot of schools you cannot get into if you cant pass PT test. You are flagged if you dont make weight or fail a APFT. If you fail a test, then you are given three or six months (forget which) to train, then you are retested again. You do diagnostic tests during that time.

Comment

Read the regulation. Theres always been the chance to kick you out for failing pt tests. Are they going to? Not unless you flat out refuse to take the tests, or show no willingness to imporve, but that'll go down a whole different road.

Comment

Wear fireproof undies...

We'll just smoke your chubby butt every drill until you get it right.

We now hold a PT test EVERY drill. There is always somone who needs it.

Comment

At our RSP if you fail you don't get promoted and plus you get to have fun with circuit training while the ones who passed play football or some other kinda congratulatory sport for passing.

Comment

Is everyone forgetting what RSP even stands for. They do PT test at RSP to help future soldiers progress and get as physically ready for basic as they can. It's the same reason they tape a few people in my RSP. You have so long before each person leaves for basic and RSP helps you get there. Kicking you out after two failed tests is news to me, but if it's true..it's a horrible idea....and No, I don't have any issues passing my PT tests...

Comment

Working...
                            X