X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ft. Indiantown Gap

[QUOTE=EOrsini]F*** the FIG! Lol. I'm at AT at Fort Dix, we were supposed to be at FIG and every LT fought impossibly hard to get it switched. FIG= Horrible. That's just my opinion though:D[/QUOTE]

Fort Ticks > FIG? Wow.....:D

Comment

[QUOTE=AngeloMileto]Alex,

There is plenty of time. You may need to spend some of your study time practicing but it will pay off in the end. I had my unit issue me a compass before I went and got some extra practice time in before I left. Then it was just a matter or marrying up the book smarts with the field training and all fell into place.

When are you going? Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm going September 11. I was suppose to go July 30th and wish I did go then, I would've been done by now. But I guess I'll use the extra time I have left to study and practice with someone on lannd nav.

Comment

[QUOTE=ALEX1985]Thanks! I'm going September 11. I was suppose to go July 30th and wish I did go then, I would've been done by now. But I guess I'll use the extra time I have left to study and practice with someone on lannd nav.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you may be better off in September. Weather will be a bit better and some of the density of the forest may be down so the land nav may be a bit easier. I went in late winter/early spring and it was much easier with no leaves on the trees.

If you've never led PT, read the manual and prepare a bit for that. You'll have to lead one day's PT with a partner.

If you've never done compisite risk management, start reading a bit on that as you will do a lot of those. Understanding how to identify and manage risks is part of the job.

If you are the type that can bring the team together or at least works well with others, you'll do fine. It was very challenging but more mentally than physically - although I'm in pretty good shape for an old man :)

Almost forgot, if you don't know any cadence, learn some as you'll need it.

Comment

Working...
        X