X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARMS test

Goings to MEPS next week and I'm pretty sure I am going to be about 1 or 2%over the maximum bf allowed. Have lost 37lbs in the last 2 months but don't think I'll make the tape.

Has anyone taken the arms test and what can I expect from it. What is the actually test? I can do about 45 pushups without stopping and I've been running 4 to 5 miles a day. I've heard some horror stories about this test. The last thing I want to do is go to MEPS and them tell me I have to come back.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

your well on your way, heck your more in shape then I am! Just stand really tall at height mesurement ;)
    i think you have to do the stepper. From what I hear it's about coffee table height and you have to keep up with a rythm for like two minutes.

Comment

Dude if you can run 4 to 5 miles a day and do 45 push ups you will pass the arms test like its nothing. Good luck and god speed.

Comment

Thanks, I hope you are right. I saw where a guy posted a while back and said that it was **** and the hardest thing he'd ever done but didn't go into much detail about the actual test.

Comment

Detailed description: [url]http://www.1800goguard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8765[/url]

Comment

Anyone who had to be Taped had to do a **** load of every PT at my RSP. Also Anyone who had to do the Arms test had to do more PT lol.

Comment

Check out my post about arms test, I lost 25 lbs in a month, and am going to meps Thursday and will have to do arms test.

Comment

[QUOTE=PigginOut]Goings to MEPS next week and I'm pretty sure I am going to be about 1 or 2%over the maximum bf allowed. Have lost 37lbs in the last 2 months but don't think I'll make the tape.

Has anyone taken the arms test and what can I expect from it. What is the actually test? I can do about 45 pushups without stopping and I've been running 4 to 5 miles a day. I've heard some horror stories about this test. The last thing I want to do is go to MEPS and them tell me I have to come back.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Try looking into HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and put some eights in there. Muscle is an amino acid and fat is its fuel. So basically more muscle the more fat your body burns.

HIIT helps your cardiovascular and keeps that metabolism boosted up there.

Try something like this

5 minute warm up

1 minute sprint
                1 minute walk
                1 minute jog

Cycle those 3 levels for 20-30 minutes then do a 5 minute cool down. Stick to a higher protein diet and of course drink a gallon of water a day.

Now if you want to lose more water weight, wear a sauna suit while you are working out. You can pick one up at Wal-Mart of Target for under $15. Also, steam room at the gym , sauna, hot tub things that get you sweating. But while doing these things make sure you are hydrating and stay away from sodium as much as possible.

There are plenty of ways to help get that weight off. Also check out Body for Life tons of great tips of their website.

:)

Hope this helps!

Comment

So dumb question I guess. 120 beats per minute? How many times does that mean I have to step up on the box per minute?

Comment

[QUOTE=PigginOut]So dumb question I guess. 120 beats per minute? How many times does that mean I have to step up on the box per minute?[/QUOTE]

Up 30 and down 30... each step counts as one...

Right foot up... 1...
                    Left foot up... 2...
                    Right foot down... 3...
                    Left foot down... 4...

Comment

[QUOTE=chd]Up 30 and down 30... each step counts as one...

Right foot up... 1...
                      Left foot up... 2...
                      Right foot down... 3...
                      Left foot down... 4...[/QUOTE]

I you're trying to gauge your pace and don't want to do a whole minute... up 15 and down 15 every 30 seconds... or up 5 and down 5 every 10 seconds.

Comment

I was curious how fast this was...
                        so I went on Google and searched for "online metronome" and the first result was : [url]www.metronomeonline.com[/url]

Click on the dot next to 120 and voila.

Comment

120 bpm, which equals 2 steps a second, so you figure four steps completes a cycle, 120 divided by 4????? 30, 30 cycles of four steps evey minute.

Comment

Re: ARMS test

does anybody know if they still do the arms test

Comment

Re: ARMS test

There is no more ARMS test...stopped a few months ago

Comment

Working...
                              X