X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help me

Hi i am looking to join the national guard, but i dropped out of school in the 9th grade, i was told that the guard will seen me back to school to get a ged, and then i was told by somebody else that if i didnt pass the 9th grade that i would have to get the ged on my own..... i am lost a thought and wanted some help from somebody who would know... thank you

Ged

In the middle of 9th grade, my family was having money issues and needed me to work, so I left high school and went straight to an Adult Center and got my GED before I even thought about getting a job. As far as I hear, you have to have completed the 9th grade for them to provide the GED test to you. If you left school before 9th Grade was over, you have to do the GED on you own, they wont give it to you. You will have to go get it yourself and then after getting your GED, you can go into the Military.

Them and They = Military

Comment

[QUOTE=light000]Hi i am looking to join the national guard, but i dropped out of school in the 9th grade, i was told that the guard will seen me back to school to get a ged, and then i was told by somebody else that if i didnt pass the 9th grade that i would have to get the ged on my own..... i am lost a thought and wanted some help from somebody who would know... thank you[/QUOTE]

In order to get into the GED + program, you have completed the 9th grade. if you still qualify, age wise, go back to night school, or something and get those credits you need. Also you still have to score a 50 on the ASVAB, so those math and English skill are important!

Comment

I got the GED on my own, but my brother is enlisting and they are sending him to some kind of school to get a state issued high school diploma. It is a 2 week program I believe and you get paid for being on active duty. If your recruiter doesn't know about this program, mine does. I am based out of Kansas. If your state doesn't have it, its not that hard to join another state the does.

Comment

Working...
        X