X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about drills

I know in the ANG, not active it is 1 weekend a month, and 2 weeks a year, BUT can one choice to drill more then once a month? and it count toward your total drills? do you get paid for extra drills? or is it up to the unit you are assigned to?

Thank you.....

I've heard of "RMA"...not sure what it is, but when our Co Supply SGT needed helped, she asked for soldiers who wanted to work during the week. Ask your chain of command.

Comment

Like stated, you can get orders to work extra hours during the month for extra work that needs to be done and the full timers just cant get it done. If your company doesnt have any extra work available, once you let them know you are interested they may be able to find another company needing extra help. You just need to let your chain of command know you are looking for it. It likely wouldnt be weekend work though, it would be during the work week. As for just drilling extra, no thats not available. Your company only has one drill weekend a month, there wouldnt be more available. You could look into drilling with other units if you want the extra experience, but you wont get any $$ for it.
      Last edited by WIBecky74; February 7th, 2009, 12:03 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=richierich]I've heard of "RMA"...not sure what it is, but when our Co Supply SGT needed helped, she asked for soldiers who wanted to work during the week. Ask your chain of command.[/QUOTE]

RMA's are extra pay days that you are authorized to work. You are authorized only 30 a year. Now...that doesnt mean that your unit has to give you these 30 a year, that just means if the unit has the RMA funds, then they could let you work, but it could not be more then 30 days through out the year. with an RMA it wont be exactly the same as drill pay. RMAs you only get paid for one day of active duty as compared to a drill day where you get paid for two per day.

Comment

Also regarding RMA - you don't accrue retirement points for those days.

Comment

Working...
          X