Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is an 11b Soldier distinguish?

Just being Curious on how a 11b Soldier is Distinguish from a non Infantry
    personal.

[QUOTE=Inkskin72]Just being Curious on how a 11b Soldier is Distinguish from a non Infantry
    personal.[/QUOTE]
    I think with a blue cord around their shoulder on their dress uniforms. Most have infantry badges.

Comment

[QUOTE=Inkskin72]Just being Curious on how a 11b Soldier is Distinguish from a non Infantry
      personal.[/QUOTE]

They'll be the ones out front catching all the bullets

Ok...i know i've opened up a can of worms with this one :D

Comment

personal.[/QUOTE]

Infantryman blue cord on the uniform,the Insignia disk branch and U.S. insignia and Combat Infantryman badge or the Expert Infantry badge.

I would tell you to look in AR 670-1 28-30. Distinctive items authorized for infantry personnel.Then look at AR 600-8-22 Adwards

Comment

Just as a clarification, the Expert Infantryman's Badge (EIB) and the Combat Infantryman's Badge (CIB) are awards that have criteria that must be met before and Infantryman can wear it. It is not automatically awarded to an Infantryman upon the completion of training, that is the Blue Cord and Blue Infantry Discs (under the Infantry Branch Insignia for enlisted and officers).

Only Infantry trained Soldiers serving in Infantry Units can wear the blue cord or the blue discs.

Comment

What about a cavalry scout I heard something about spurs?

Comment

[QUOTE=James2912]What about a cavalry scout I heard something about spurs?[/QUOTE]

Its not part of regulations, but some CAV units out of tradition wear stetsons and spurs.

Comment

Can Cavalry scouts wear infantry stuff if they are attached to infantry or just normally? I heard cav is like infantry only harder so I would think they would get some kind of special privilege.

Comment

[QUOTE=James2912]What about a cavalry scout I heard something about spurs?[/QUOTE]

You dont have to be a cav scout to get spurs.

I am a Commo guy with my silver spurs and gold spurs.

Comment

Spurs are a cavalry traditional that is their equal to the infantry's badges.

They are technically not "official", but instead left up to the discrection of the cavalry commanders. Any MOS can wear em when properly due.

Before someone asks, while there ARE colored cords for each branch...only infantry are authorized to wear the blue cords with their uniform. And it is [B]ONLY[/B] if you hold the MOS.

Whether cavalry is harder or not is debatable. I say its the closest you'll get and me personally being in a cav troop is almost as good as an infantry company.
                    Last edited by SteveLord; February 6th, 2009, 12:55 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]

Whether cavalry is harder or not is debatable. I say its the closest you'll get and me personally being in a cav troop is almost as good as an infantry company.[/QUOTE]

Are we talking about the MOS here or being assigned to a cav regiment?

Comment

[QUOTE=i82much]Are we talking about the MOS here or being assigned to a cav regiment?[/QUOTE]

Both.......

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]Before someone asks, while there ARE colored cords for each branch...only infantry are authorized to wear the blue cords with their uniform. And it is [B]ONLY[/B] if you hold the MOS..[/QUOTE]

And are assigned to an Infantry unit. Have to have both to wear the cord and discs. Infantryman assigned to units other than infantry only retain the branch insignia.

Comment

personal.[/QUOTE]

If you get a ****ty score on your asvab youll go to infantry.

Comment

[QUOTE=Spr Steve]If you get a ****ty score on your asvab youll go to infantry.[/QUOTE]

Youre kidding, right? :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                              X