X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proud of my husband

I am not PFCJ.Jackson, I am his wife. My husband left a few days ago for basic. I am a stay at home mom and have been for 10 years. We live in the country on 12 acres of land, so we have few visitors.
    My husband showed me this site a few times before he left with instructions to utilize it in the event I felt lonely. I just looked at it with him and brushed it off. Well, guess what? I am lonely. I am a mother of three girls, so I figured I would not find time to be lonely. However, it is the first Friday night I've had to spend by myself. It hasn't taken me long to find this site just to see if anyone out there feels like me.
    I'm scared cause money is tight, I've been married so long I can't tell you the last time I had to stay by myself, and I'm plain bored.
    I did go hunting today. That was fun. I don't know if I can make it five months on my own. I'll die of bordom. Does anybody just want to keep in touch? Am I just silly?

[QUOTE=PFCJ.Jackson]I am not PFCJ.Jackson, I am his wife. My husband left a few days ago for basic. I am a stay at home mom and have been for 10 years. We live in the country on 12 acres of land, so we have few visitors.
    My husband showed me this site a few times before he left with instructions to utilize it in the event I felt lonely. I just looked at it with him and brushed it off. Well, guess what? I am lonely. I am a mother of three girls, so I figured I would not find time to be lonely. However, it is the first Friday night I've had to spend by myself. It hasn't taken me long to find this site just to see if anyone out there feels like me.
    I'm scared cause money is tight, I've been married so long I can't tell you the last time I had to stay by myself, and I'm plain bored.
    I did go hunting today. That was fun. I don't know if I can make it five months on my own. I'll die of bordom. Does anybody just want to keep in touch? Am I just silly?[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to say hello, and welcome to the site. There are a lot o interesting threads on this site, and it can be pretty entertaining. There are some very caring people with very good advice here. All you need to do is ask.

Comment

Thank you for entertaining my thread. I do feel silly as I am techno challenged. I do not have instant message or alot of internet friends. My life is simple so there are not many friends outside of my husband and my girls. My tears are falling now. I don't even know why. Just glad this site actually works. Ha-Ha. Are you a wife?

Comment

No I am actually a guy, In Tennessee as a matter of fact, I recently rejoined this month and I am awaiting my orders for WTC. It's kinda like basic training. I am so glad that you are here and I hope you visit often. I can say this, the people on here do not always get a long, or agree, but there seems to be a loyalty to each other that is shared, and it is comforting and familiar when you are down and need advice or conversation.

Comment

[QUOTE=PFCJ.Jackson]Thank you for entertaining my thread. I do feel silly as I am techno challenged. I do not have instant message or alot of internet friends. My life is simple so there are not many friends outside of my husband and my girls. My tears are falling now. I don't even know why. Just glad this site actually works. Ha-Ha. Are you a wife?[/QUOTE]

The national guard is a family, and you are part of it. Everyone is here to take care of each other. There are support sites for moms and wives who are left behind while their soldiers are training. I'm sure someone who knows more about that can hook you up with some more information. Remember to write letters, he'll get lonely too. And you'll love getting letters back from him!'

Also, if there is a nearby base...They offer support programs, similar to the websites. The difference is you will be introduced to families around your area going through the same thing.

Good luck! If you need anything, the site is always here! :D

Comment

Email or PM me ANYTIME. Seriously. I'm a Mom of 3 kids and have been in your shoes...

Comment

The time will pass before you know it, and the moment you are together again, will be one of those proud moment's you will always remember and treasure. It truly is a a thousand Christmas mornings wrapped into one moment.;)

Comment

I am surprised to have had as many responses as I have. I did not think so many people were here. As for the person who stated "this is a family", I am glad. I am so very proud of what my husband is doing. He is my very best friend and we have been anticipating this separation for many months. This is truly a time for both of us to grow. I support him 100%. I will live it with him vicariously and have even entertained the idea of signing up we he returns. I did go with him one saturday to drill before he left. I stood in formation, did situps, pushups, and ran for a mile just to see what it was like. Of course, I did not perform as well as he, but it was not too shabby for a 30 year old woman. I'm not talking about girly pushups either.
                As for a support group, I'm not that desperate. By the way, is there some way to register under my own name?

Comment

Absolutely, on the main forum page, you just click on register. You are as much a part of it as he is, because you are supporting him and making it possible for him to go and do his training without constant worry.

Comment

[QUOTE=PFCJ.Jackson]I am not PFCJ.Jackson, I am his wife. My husband left a few days ago for basic. I am a stay at home mom and have been for 10 years. We live in the country on 12 acres of land, so we have few visitors.
                    I did go hunting today. That was fun. I don't know if I can make it five months on my own. I'll die of bordom. Does anybody just want to keep in touch? Am I just silly?[/QUOTE]

What do you Hunt??

Comment

How did I miss this thread? Welcome to the site! I've been showing this to my wife as well and hopefully when I'm at basic you all will still be here to help her out also.

By the way if and when you do get your own acct. let us know that you're Mrs. Jackson. Also know that after signing up you may have to wait for quite a while before being granted posting privileges. Not always the case but be prepared nonetheless.

Comment

[QUOTE=jasonmiller1975]How did I miss this thread? Welcome to the site! I've been showing this to my wife as well and hopefully when I'm at basic you all will still be here to help her out also.[/QUOTE]
                        same here, around the middle of May my wife will probably be here under my name saying the same things. i've shown her this site as well as the spouses network site, and hopefully she'll use both.

Comment

Working...
                        X