X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnancy and the Guard

Hi! E want to join the army but I have a concern about if the army have restrctions for pregnancy in the service time

After you are done basic and AIT you can get pregnant at your own convienance i guess. Just if you get pregnant in those times its not allowed

Comment

what happens if you do get pregnant during that time of service? i was just curious because i had a friend who got pregnant through her service and she had to go back home...i don't know if she got kicked out or just given time to re-think were she went wrong...but yah what really happens?

Comment

First of all, if you manage to get yourself pregnant while in BCT or AIT, there IS a problem.

I can't say for the Army, but when I was in the Air Force you were given the option to stay in or get out.

Comment

I had a friend get knocked up in AIT.......Uncle Sam wasn't very happy. She is now a civilian..........

Comment

Pregnancy and the Guard

I have been dating this guy and we hope to get married and have kids someday. Problem is we are both in the guard. Normally the idea of waiting until we get out would arise at this thought, but he is in infintry and will be sent to Iraq next year. We both fear he might not come back alive. So this is where my question arises. What will happen to me if I serve the Guard for 2 years and then get pregnant? Will I be given a leave or a discharge?:confused: I need help!

Comment

In the "old days," any female who got pregnant could request a discharge and get it automatically. Those days are gone. Pregnant female members may REQUEST a discharge, but such discharges are no longer automatic. When making recommendations to approve/disapprove such discharge requests, the commander takes into consideration what is in the best interest of both the servicemember, and the military service.

I got that off usmilitary.about.com. But I'm not sure what that could actually mean for you though.

Comment

i was wondering the same thing because i'm in the guard as well.

Comment

What will happen to me if I serve the Guard for 2 years and then get pregnant? Will I be given a leave or a discharge?:confused: I need help!

This is a question that you need to talk to your Chain of Command about. They should be able to help you with this situation.

Comment

Soldiers are not discharged for becoming pregnant. They are given convalescent leave (maternity leave) and allowed to drill under modified (light) duty until they have the baby. After that, they will be given time off and continue to be a member of the National Guard.

Comment

No you will not be discharged at all, a pregnancy discharge is used for soldiers that are down at basic or AIT, you will be pregnant, once you hit your 3rd trimester usuualy they give you drill off you have the baby and come back in a couple months, just talk to your platoon SGT it should be fine.

Comment

Separation due to pregnancy

You may request separation or elect to remain in the ARNG. I'm pregnant now and in the CA Guard. My unit is having me make up the drills I will not be able to attend due to the pregnancy before the baby comes. But you DO have the option to get out while your pregnant if you choose to do so according to AR635-200, pa 8-9.

Comment

pregnancy question

my husband and i are wanting to start having a family eventually and i just enlisted, obviously i know i can't get pregnant before i go to basic (nor do i want to). but anyway my question is, is there a certain amount of time you have to wait until you get pregnant after basic and ait? and what do you do about drill? obviously if you're 8-9 months prego you probably can't do drill. i haven't really seen any info on this. thanks!

Comment

We had waaay too many pregnancys at Ait (Exodus did occur in the middle of it ??) and if you had already passed your APFT and other requirements, you were still allowed to graduate.

I had a good friend through BCT and AIT that was AD, she got pregnant with her husband the day of Ait graduation or the day after. She waited until about eight months pregnant but then opted out of her enlistment contract. You are given either choice, Chapter out or stay in. You do go to drill. You just have a profile and wont be ordered to do anything that isnt healthy to do as a pregnant soldier. I never saw a day of PT in one of my units so it really made no difference there. Another unit PT was pretty important and you just have modified PT during that time. You are non deployable if you are pregnant. One soldier at old unit wanted the deployment and faught to still go while pregnant. It was actually approved by Command somehow but down the road she was denied. There is a special leave for pregnancy (i'm out of practice and dont know the Army Regulation, but you get a time period before and after the birth. Simular to civilian law.

Comment

Working...
                            X