Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not getting smoked anymore?

My favorite DI line..

[B]You better suck that back in![/B]

Then watching the recruit actually attempt a rectal inhale...

Comment

"One time, at Boot Camp" - The worst smoking I have ever seen, or been apart of was at Basic. We had a inspection about halfway through. Seems the DS doing it was very thorugh. He found some pot, stashed up high in the ceiling in a mop closet, None of us ever saw it. Without knowing what was going on, the platoon was ordered to the training bay. The DS came in and told us what was found. Nobody owned up to it.

We always had our rifle with us so it began. He smoked us for a hour and a half, then tagged in another DS and then another and another. You always hear about the "Rain Room" well the 1SG came up there to talk with us about the situation. He didnt know that we were being smoked at the time. He came into the bay, and a drop from the ceiling hit him. He told us to carry on, shook his head and walked out. The smoking lasted 3hrs and two guys were tended to by medics.

It brought the platoon together, we couldnt wipe our butt for a few days because we were so sore, but we really came together. We even had to sign a paper that we were not harrassed or anything. I remember that more than anything else at BCT.

*** The pot that was found was so old it had almost turned to dust, guessing it had been up in that hiding spot for years. That was what Top, was coming to tell us, but he had to backup his DS, and in a way we respected his decision.

Comment

I just came from Jackson and we got smoked planty of times. I haven't heard any news of them stopping either. I can't imagine going through BCT without getting smoked, I mean getting corrective training. There's already lazy people getting though, we don't need to make it that much easier on them.

We never really got smoked that bad. We had to squat with our weapons either straight out in front of us (paralell with the ground) or above our heads, depending. That lasted for an hour or so. I had sweat dripping down my legs but the room didn't sweat. We also had to stand for over an hour in full battle rattle with our assault packs front loaded with our weapons once.

The individual smokings were the worst though. That happened to me once because at Victory Hammer, my squad leader thought I had an attitude, and didn't bother approaching me about it. Instead he told the DS and myself and 3 others had to low crawl for about 400 yards or so. That was with our weapons and LBV on, in the sand. Every so often he would say "GOOO" and we'd take off running, then he'd say "The prone row" and we'd drop and do that, and it was that over and over. Then we squat for about 10 minutes. That was the day we were leaving and he then told us we had about 20 minutes to pack all of our stuff and be in formation. It sucked. He put all of us in 5th squad(the trouble squad). Everyone asked me for the next 2 weeks why I was smoked and put in 5th squad and all I could tell them was "I don't know, I guess I had an attitude" They never asked anyone else why they were put in 5th squad, because it was obvious, but with me it wasn't because i'm not one to disrespect anyone.

Comment

5th Squad?? Was there a secret handshake??

Comment

Hahaha, not so much. We were always the quietest squad though! :rolleyes:

Comment

Worst smoking I ever had in basic was gas chamber day. We had a chemdog (74D) DS teaching us the class, and she decided we weren't motivated enough. So she decided to make us get into full MOPP gear, boots, hoods, mask, gloves, EVERYTHING lol. She took us outside and smoked ('scuse me CAPE'd) us for an hour or so in the Missouri heat. Only time I thought I was going to literally suffocate in basic :)

Good times, good times...:D

Edit: We definitely made the walls sweat. I had heard the rumors about it happening but didn't believe them until zero day lol. We made them sweat quite a lot during Red Phase.

Comment

Our smokings got progressively worse through each phase in basic. Red phase was soo easy. Then everytime we changed the phase banner, we knew we'd get smoked. But then they would go away. I just wish there was more individual smokings by the people who were clearly out of line. What was even more frustrating was watching the "bad guys" make it through basic when they were not what so ever fit for the army. It's like the DS had a quota to fill or something.

Comment

Actually I was speaking to a friend of mine a week ago who graduated from Basic Training at Jackson and he told me the samething that Drill Sergeants aren't allowed to be able to smoke recruits anymore.

Comment

we got smoked, or CAPEed or whatever in leonardwood.

i was in Bco 35th En Bn and we had a few drill's that just didnt like a few of us, and when they f*ed up, we all got smoked.. i'm talking spider mans up and down the halls of our b's, low crawling with full gear in the mud outside right after it rained...

so yes you will still get smoked, we even had a few drill's referring to it as being smoked not CAPED or whatever...

Comment

[QUOTE=hrotccadet]Actually I was speaking to a friend of mine a week ago who graduated from Basic Training at Jackson and he told me the samething that Drill Sergeants aren't allowed to be able to smoke recruits anymore.[/QUOTE]

I just came from there, and we got smoked on a daily.

Comment

[quote=Teuvil] I went to Basic where we got smoked...but if the Captain or 1SGT saw it going on for too long, he would stop it.[/quote]
                        Our CO made me do 8 count push ups for 30 min at a range one day. Our 1SG loved rifle PT and asked "who's gonna be the next contestant on Smoke that a s s?" Smoking (CAPEing) was highly encouraged for our company. We had guaranteed smoking every Sunday with our DS. Good
                        stuff:cool:
                        Last edited by kswat07; December 31st, 2009, 10:21 PM.

Comment

not smoked anymore?!

'guys, because you suck today, we will have to take a trip to MWR to bring up that motivation, but since we can't do that right now, we'll just take a trip to the zoo instead'

We got to see bears, crabs, seals and allll sorts of animals crawl through the sand!!!!!

we got smoked plenty of times haha....

you have 5 minutes to shower (whole platoon, which comes down to like run through the water) we couldn't make it....

half right face! (everyone is butt *** naked) lol....

we get smoked plenty of times.. and if you **** them off real bad, they'll still slam ur *** up against the wall hah...

Comment

[QUOTE=taseal]not smoked anymore?!

'guys, because you suck today, we will have to take a trip to MWR to bring up that motivation, but since we can't do that right now, we'll just take a trip to the zoo instead'

We got to see bears, crabs, seals and allll sorts of animals crawl through the sand!!!!!

we got smoked plenty of times haha....

you have 5 minutes to shower (whole platoon, which comes down to like run through the water) we couldn't make it....

half right face! (everyone is butt *** naked) lol....

we get smoked plenty of times.. and if you **** them off real bad, they'll still slam ur *** up against the wall hah...[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, they smoked that PFC so hard he lost complete control of his English grammar!

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveGuard]Holy crap, they smoked that PFC so hard he lost complete control of his English grammar![/QUOTE]

Hooah. The grammar RLTW!:D

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveGuard]Holy crap, they smoked that PFC so hard he lost complete control of his English grammar![/QUOTE]

I think my English did go for the worse there. I'm dead serious. I think it was me being away from all the forums :D :confused:

Comment

Working...
                                X