X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAC Card Reader Software

So my AKO password has expired, and I need to use my CAC to log in... well I got a CAC reader, but now I don't have the software to register the card with my computer. The software is available on AKO, but I can't get in to AKO. My RSP unit set all my questions, and the NCOIC has gotten a different job somewhere else. Is there any way I can download the CAC middleware and software without logging into AKO?

I love paperwork... er, microchips work.

Re: CAC Card Reader Software

[url]www.militarycac.com[/url]

Just run through the instructions and you're squared away.

Comment

sweet, thanks!

Comment

Good luck with that. I've tried 3 times and still can't get that POS to work.

Comment

CAC reader

Will this work? I suppose it would since CAC has a 'smart card' I believe? just want to make sure....

thanks guys!

[url]http://www.universalmania.com/_e/Smart_Card_Readers/sproduct/1011664120/SCM_Micro_USB_Smart_Card_Reader.htm[/url]

Comment

Re: CAC reader

Check out militarycac.com. It's a good site that gives an overview of what you need to do to get them to work. Aside from that, I would think that it would work just fine. I dug around and didn't see anywhere that it would work, but I'd imagine the technology is the same.

If you check on ebay for CAC readers you can find one for about the same price. Apperance is a little different, but at least you'd know 100% right away that it's going to work.

Comment

[QUOTE]Will this work? I suppose it would since CAC has a 'smart card' I believe? just want to make sure....

thanks guys!

[url]http://www.universalmania.com/_e/Sma...ard_Reader.htm[/url][/QUOTE]

That is the one I use. It works for me.

Comment

lol. The military forced these upon soldiers with no education or information on CAC readers whatsoever.

I sat through a powerpoint presentation by a fulltimer on this one time...and when I asked, "In exchange for essentially forcing me to buy one, can you tell me where I get one?"....he had no answer. His came with his desk like everyone else's.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]lol. The military forced these upon soldiers with no education or information on CAC readers whatsoever.

I sat through a powerpoint presentation by a fulltimer on this one time...and when I asked, "In exchange for essentially forcing me to buy one, can you tell me where I get one?"....he had no answer. His came with his desk like everyone else's.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it was just our state or what, but there was a form to fill out with the IT section and they could order quite a few of them. Actually they asked the entire unit who needed one and put in the request. I know money is tight, but if done at the right time of year it is a good possibility. I just hand receited it and have it indefinetly now.

Comment

When? Cuz they've been pushing CAC access for years.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]When? Cuz they've been pushing CAC access for years.[/QUOTE]

This was February or March of '08. I know two years before that I used to hang with someone else that had one from their DOIM or Supply too for use at home.

Comment

I just bought one off ebay for $10 and called it good. Makes AKO/GKO a whole lot easier to get on....

The $10 price of a CAC reader is easy to swallow... a lot easier than the $450 for a set of blues I am going to have to buy even though I *jsut* got out of BCT

Comment

[QUOTE=jmclaughlin1701]I just bought one off ebay for $10 and called it good. Makes AKO/GKO a whole lot easier to get on....

The $10 price of a CAC reader is easy to swallow... a lot easier than the $450 for a set of blues I am going to have to buy even though I *jsut* got out of BCT[/QUOTE]

yeah I hear ya... thats nuts. I really want a set of blues as well, and the price tag is purdy high....

Comment

[QUOTE=taseal]yeah I hear ya... thats nuts. I really want a set of blues as well, and the price tag is purdy high....[/QUOTE]

What is sick is that I have a set from ROTC in college that I hardly wore. I was stoked. Then they sent me to BCT and I lost a ton of fattiness. So now, the new set I wore 4 times does not fit *at all*...

Comment

[QUOTE=jmclaughlin1701]What is sick is that I have a set from ROTC in college that I hardly wore. I was stoked. Then they sent me to BCT and I lost a ton of fattiness. So now, the new set I wore 4 times does not fit *at all*...[/QUOTE]

**** that sucks....

Comment

Working...
                              X