Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas unit deployments (past, present & future)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Texas unit deployments (past, present & future)

Mcgregor wasn't too shabby. We lived out of "The alamo" till about our last 9 days, when we got moved to Westbrook for intro to detainee ops. God, that sucked. I feel bad for anyone doing detainee ops, just not my cup of tea.

Supposedly we are headed to camp victory, won't really know till we get there. Ill keep in touch becky

Comment

well, i just became a late mob-er. our daughter was born a bit ahead of time and while i was on pass and i was placed on Paternity Leave.

Ill throw you a pm with my email Becky. Maybe ill run into ya when we arrive

Comment

[QUOTE=Jmiranda_Cav]well, i just became a late mob-er. our daughter was born a bit ahead of time and while i was on pass and i was placed on Paternity Leave.

Ill throw you a pm with my email Becky. Maybe ill run into ya when we arrive[/QUOTE]

CONGRATS! Good thing for internet communication for while you are away!

Lucky, alot of ours have Paternity Leave tacked on to end of demob instead of getting it when birth happend. And nice to be MOBing in home state! We couldnt go more than 50 miles, I had bought a plane ticket for pass to go home to take care of a few things because of a death that happend during MOB but chickened out and ended up staying in the area. Wasted $800! Ooops. I'll email soon. If not today, Saturday, I'm leaving the AO for just over 24 hours this evening.

Comment

If my unit is deploying, I wouldn't post what unit and when we're deploying on a forum. Look up OPSEC, TS.

Comment

[QUOTE=gabriel.gambino]If my unit is deploying, I wouldn't post what unit and when we're deploying on a forum. Look up OPSEC, TS.[/QUOTE]

People are lurking...But it is has most likely been "press release" public domain by now.
            Last edited by 7011USMC; March 2nd, 2010, 02:43 PM.

Comment

^^

yeah, I hear you, just saying, it really irks me, I saw this website for an entire county that had the names and family's names of the servicemembers from there. It made me sick.

Comment

In todays society "everybody" is either a hero or wannabe hero. Kinda like little league sports "everybody gets a trophy". Don't want to damage anyones self esteem.

I agree sickening.

Comment

[QUOTE=7011USMC]In todays society "everybody" is either a hero or wannabe hero. Kinda like little league sports "everybody gets a trophy". Don't want to damage anyones self esteem.

I agree sickening.[/QUOTE]

Yeah like the army service ribbon. No [expletive], Sherlock. If you're wearing Army class A's wearing the fruitiest rainbow ribbon that means that you serve in the army, it's pretty obvious. Isn't the uniform evidence of army service.

Before everyone jumps all over me, I realize if you transfer branches, you keep the ASR, but it's stupid. You shouldn't "earn" a ribbon just for going to basic/AIT. That's what the National Defense Service medal is for.

Comment

Working...
                  X