Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas unit deployments (past, present & future)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas unit deployments (past, present & future)

Hello, I'm currently considering joining the ANG. I live Santa Fe, TX and would be trying to get into a unit in Angleton or another near by. Is there a way to find out how recently they've deployed, if they're deploying now or in the future (and where to)? I just want to be as informed about the decision I'm making as possible.

Re: Texas unit deployments (past, present & future)

[IMG]http://www.flypaperblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/miss-cleo.jpg[/IMG]

She also tells you the day you'll receive your bonus payments.

Comment

lol. That's pretty funny. However, I'm not asking anyone to predict the future...Just wanting to know if any units know of an upcoming deployment. I'm sure the Guard doesn't just call you up one morning and say "OK, pack your stuff, you're heading out this afternoon".

Comment

At least from my brief experience in the Guard most units have a good idea if they are in the window for possible deployment so you should be able to at least get a good idea about potential deployments.

Comment

1-141 Infantry will deploy soon. As will 36th ID HQ.

Comment

[QUOTE=willw]At least from my brief experience in the Guard most units have a good idea if they are in the window for possible deployment so you should be able to at least get a good idea about potential deployments.[/QUOTE]

True, but remember to not get caught up in the rumors. They change all the time and sometimes they're simply wrong.

Comment

72nd bct is deploying soon.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info guys. How about any of the unit deployed now?

Comment

Just curious on your main topic of units and deployments? We understand you are thinking of joining the ARNG, and thats great. Its always a good practice to get as much information on what your investing your time in. Are you looking to deploy? Are you looking for a unit that just came back that might have some down time? You mentioned a unit in a city you might get involved in, have you asked them? They would be the best point of contact. The more we know of what your looking for, the better we might be able to assist you. Good Luck in all you do.

Comment

[QUOTE=Phantom]Just curious on your main topic of units and deployments? We understand you are thinking of joining the ARNG, and thats great. Its always a good practice to get as much information on what your investing your time in. Are you looking to deploy? Are you looking for a unit that just came back that might have some down time? You mentioned a unit in a city you might get involved in, have you asked them? They would be the best point of contact. The more we know of what your looking for, the better we might be able to assist you. Good Luck in all you do.[/QUOTE]

I'm not looking to deploy, but not against it either. It really wouldn't make a whole lot of difference to me. My fiance on the other hand is quite concerned. So we're just trying to get a feel for what may be in our future.

I used the unit locator feature on this site to see what units are close to me and get the address, but no phone numbers...and I'm pretty sure I can't just drive up to the base to ask questions. So how do I get a phone number for a specific unit? There are about 7 units within 50 miles of me.

Comment

Get in touch with a recruiter. Then can answer these questions and more. They can tell you which of those units have the MOS that you want and know more in depth about their time tables. Thats what recruiters do, they help answer your questions and get you on the path that you are looking for. You are not commited to anything just by speaking with one, but they will help taylor to your specific interests. Good Luck

Comment

[QUOTE=Rhadamanthus]1-141 Infantry will deploy soon. As will 36th ID HQ.[/QUOTE]

I think I read on this site somewhere that the 36th ID Band is depoyed right now. Correct?

Comment

[QUOTE=Agent.Fox]72nd bct is deploying soon.[/QUOTE]

They are replacing our brigade but much less bodies since so much has already been turned back over in the last year. Its been released/published they are at MOB now for a few weeks. Everyone is so excited, we turn bags in, in less than a month, starting to have end of tour briefs soon.. It is less than two months that replacments will be here. Right now my extension request is actually with a unit from the 72d. In a way I hope it is approved, but wouldnt mind an AD unit intead. Just for something different.

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]They are replacing our brigade but much less bodies since so much has already been turned back over in the last year. Its been released/published they are at MOB now for a few weeks. Everyone is so excited, we turn bags in, in less than a month, starting to have end of tour briefs soon.. It is less than two months that replacments will be here. Right now my extension request is actually with a unit from the 72d. In a way I hope it is approved, but wouldnt mind an AD unit intead. Just for something different.[/QUOTE]

Did the 72nd get change to A-Stan? Because you thing at the bottom say's OEF.

Comment

[QUOTE=tfritz28]I used the unit locator feature on this site to see what units are close to me and get the address, but no phone numbers...and I'm pretty sure I can't just drive up to the base to ask questions. So how do I get a phone number for a specific unit? There are about 7 units within 50 miles of me.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to bump this up.

Comment

Working...
                              X