• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reservist arrested for stalking Ryan Seacrest

Army says alleged stalker is not a Green Beret, as sites have reported
    By Tony Lombardo - Staff writer
    Posted : Tuesday Nov 3, 2009 11:09:58 EST

Ryan Seacrest’s alleged stalker is an Army Reservist, Army spokesman Lt. Col. Nathan Banks confirmed Monday.

But Sgt. Chidi Uzomah Jr. is not the Special Forces expert that entertainment Web site TMZ was reporting as of Monday evening.

Uzomah was arrested Friday after reportedly trying to sneak into E! Entertainment Television offices in California while carrying a knife. News reports also say Uzomah visited Seacrests’s radio station in Burbank, Calif.

Banks said Uzomah is a member of the Army Reserve’s 426th Civil Affairs Battalion in California. He served in the California Army National Guard from April 2005 to April 2009. He was discharged to the Individual Ready Reserve until August 2009, when he took a voluntary reassignment to the Reserve.

Uzomah has never been deployed and has no awards or decorations, Banks said.

Banks said it’s too early to tell whether the Army would get involved in the case.

Banks, TMZ’s source in the news story, took issue with some of the Web site’s reporting. Banks said he did not apologize to Seacrest on behalf of the Army, as TMZ indicates in its coverage.

“I’m sorry for what had happened to Mr. Seacrest, but the Army would not get involved until the civilian process has taken place,” Banks said.

TMZ also claims that Uzomah has the skills of a Green Beret, but Banks said his training would have focused more on peacekeeping.

armytimes.com

Re: Reservist arrested for stalking Ryan Seacrest

the media always tries to overqualify soldiers when they get in trouble. I remember a while back when there were some shootings that turned out to be done by a soldier. The media kept talking about how this guy was a "sharpshooter" in the army and thats why he was so successful in his shootings. Ummm...ok...sharpshooter only meant this guy could hit the target about 75% of the time.

Comment

Yeah, the media is great about sensationalizing stories.

I was reading another article on armytimes about an actual SF solider that was also arrested for having stole 100 pounds of C-4.

Comment

TMZ= Televsion for idiots

Comment

[QUOTE=Chaplain4me]TMZ also claims that Uzomah has the skills of a Green Beret [/QUOTE]

[I]Skills of a Green Beret[/I]

Sounds like a second rate kung fu movie ;)

Comment

I love the "Skills of a green beret" that's a way of saying of making everyone say "OMG HE WAS A GREEN BERETTTT!!!!!!11111" without them actually saying it, so theyre not wrong...technically.

I mean he does have some skills of a green beret, such as breathing, walking, putting on ACU's, etc. He also shares some skills with the President in those cases.

I saw a picture of him on the news this morning before work. Looked like a total nutjob.

Comment

[QUOTE=hrotccadet]TMZ= Televsion for idiots[/QUOTE]

Amen. A bunch of high school aged looking kids following celebrities around and asking them stupid questions to get a reaction out them to report to some guy who pretends he has an education by writing nothing on a white board. They're the type of people you see on Jaywalking being asked how may stars are on the flag, and their response is they can't count them fast enough because the flag is waving.

Comment

I think a soldier stalking someone like Ryan Seacrest...will enjoy jail more anyway.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mom's Mistake]Amen. A bunch of high school aged looking kids following celebrities around and asking them stupid questions to get a reaction out them to report to some guy who pretends he has an education by writing nothing on a white board. They're the type of people you see on Jaywalking being asked how may stars are on the flag, and their response is they can't count them fast enough because the flag is waving.[/QUOTE]

Unfortuntily this is the b u l l s h i t that is now the norm for TV

Comment

[QUOTE]
                    TMZ also claims that Uzomah has the skills of a Green Beret,

[/QUOTE]

SF alright.

Spreadsheet Forces.

Comment

SF does have Civil Affairs, usually attached to a HQ or Group Support Co. This doesnt sound like the case though. He is a west coast guy so I am not sure how 19th Group is set up, there are a few 19th guys here on the forums. He just sounds like a Seacrest fan, bet he highlights his hair. I guess I am coming out of the closet but I am a TMZ watcher, guess I missed this episode. Ha Ha..

Comment

And thus, he is just another one of these:

[URL="http://tiny.cc/cuYtb"]http://tiny.cc/cuYtb[/URL]

Comment

My wife watches it/surfs their site for the latest on John & Kate. =\

Comment

Da mmit Seacrest! Why won't you return my calls!?!

Comment

Don't worry he wont return mine either.

Comment

Working...
                              X