X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sapper school

[QUOTE=willw]or about 95 days when I went to Ranger School! Couldn't get enough of the Georgia mountains.[/QUOTE]
    Which phase(s) did you recycle?
    Last edited by SSG Beckering; December 31st, 2010, 07:43 AM.

Comment

My guess is Mountain...

Comment

[QUOTE=CPT Burritt]My guess is Mountain...[/QUOTE]

I see it now, pushing for no attention to detail!

Comment

Yeah mountain. Our entire squad got recycled. It was one of those miserable winter nights in the mountains with everybody droning. I was droning, humping the 60 and the PL gets killed and I get, Ranger your in charge, show me on the map where we are. I didn't have a clue stuck my finger on the map and the RI said good try Ranger that's Tennessee.

Comment

FYI: The Military Channel will have a 3 part show on Sapper School. Its called "Mission Demolition" premier date is 22DEC09.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll make sure to watch it.

Comment

Anybody watch this?

Comment

I watched it, it was good.

Comment

Anybody here with a Sapper Tab? Feel like I am watching a brochure trying to sell me something when I watch this. When is a Sapper going to Helocast? Thats what Rangers and SF is for. If anyone has attended this course I really would like more info on a personal level. They are showing Pathfinder training and sling load. Pathfinder alone is 3wks, and a decent Sling Load class is a week. The Sapper course is 28days. On the DZ they were using a L shape and a CARP? Maybe they are just giving a taste of everything, or could just be the way the Tv is portraying the situation.

Comment

[QUOTE=Phantom]Anybody here with a Sapper Tab? Feel like I am watching a brochure trying to sell me something when I watch this. When is a Sapper going to Helocast? Thats what Rangers and SF is for. If anyone has attended this course I really would like more info on a personal level. They are showing Pathfinder training and sling load. Pathfinder alone is 3wks, and a decent Sling Load class is a week. The Sapper course is 28days. On the DZ they were using a L shape and a CARP? Maybe they are just giving a taste of everything, or could just be the way the Tv is portraying the situation.[/QUOTE]

If I recall, there is a Sapper unit in Rockhill, SC. Maybe wrong. Maybe you can contact a member on AKO or something.

Comment

[QUOTE=Phantom]Anybody here with a Sapper Tab? Feel like I am watching a brochure trying to sell me something when I watch this. When is a Sapper going to Helocast? Thats what Rangers and SF is for. If anyone has attended this course I really would like more info on a personal level. They are showing Pathfinder training and sling load. Pathfinder alone is 3wks, and a decent Sling Load class is a week. The Sapper course is 28days. On the DZ they were using a L shape and a CARP? Maybe they are just giving a taste of everything, or could just be the way the Tv is portraying the situation.[/QUOTE]

A 1st LT just transfered out of my unit over to a Sapper unit, he isn't tabbed but is scheduled to attend the course soon maybe I can ge him on board here.

Comment

Thats awesome, I would like to know what type of role they would play. Having someone with those skills would be a great asset to a huge display of different missions. I just dont see them creeping in prior to a SOF unit. I can see them with Infantry, Cav, MP, etc.. Having one of those guys, is a huge tool on your bat belt.

Comment

From my understanding the instructors there hate the National Guard. My CSM from my OSUT unit told me about all the things they do to guys who go from the guard to keep the tab off us. So combine that with the lack of funds and slots available it cuts down the number of sapper tabs you see in NG units. Most soldiers who have that tab were active at one point or another so they never dealt with the bias of the instructors. I still plan on going one day though. After I gain alot of knowledge and rank obviously.

Comment

[QUOTE=s.talley]From my understanding the instructors there hate the National Guard. My CSM from my OSUT unit told me about all the things they do to guys who go from the guard to keep the tab off us. So combine that with the lack of funds and slots available it cuts down the number of sapper tabs you see in NG units. Most soldiers who have that tab were active at one point or another so they never dealt with the bias of the instructors. I still plan on going one day though. After I gain alot of knowledge and rank obviously.[/QUOTE]

My CSM is sapper tabbed and national guard...they're just trying to mess with you.

Comment

Before the tab was authorized, National Guard was not allowed to attend the course.

I was a LT attending my Basic Course, probably in the best shape of my life, and was unable to get a seat. I talked with the Guard Liaison, and he said that the current policy was to exclude the Guard.

Comment

Working...
                                X