X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sapper school

Does anyone know what the requirements for sapper school are? and can anyone tell me what it's like?

Re: sapper school

E-4, no sleep for 30 day's.

Comment

Physical like Ranger School, but with more academics...calculate demo, stuff like that...

Comment

You can go to the Fort Knox website and print off the study guide. Thats what I did.

Comment

maybe this can be of some assistance..

[url]http://www.wood.army.mil/sapper/[/url]

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I am definitely going to work to try to get to sapper school. Is it a difficult school to get in to?

Comment

[QUOTE=Jgradu]Thanks for all the info. I am definitely going to work to try to get to sapper school. Is it a difficult school to get in to?[/QUOTE]

Has your unit ever sent anyone to Sapper School? That may be an indication.

Comment

well, my recruiter made it sound like the unit did, but who knows whether he was BSing me

Comment

Look around for the number of SAPPER tabs people are wearing...

Most states won't spend the money to send you.

Comment

[QUOTE=California Major]Physical like Ranger School, but with more academics...calculate demo, stuff like that...[/QUOTE]

I'm tired of people referring to it as Ranger School with more academics and explosives. Ranger School is between 76 and 83 days of crud!(14-21 for Pre-Ranger and 62 for Ranger) You spend more time in the field for Ranger School than the length of Sapper School. You have the Mountains of North Georgia to deal with as well as the swamps of Florida. No matter how well you water proof you gear everyhting will get wet in Florida. That adds 30 pounds to your already weighed down ruck. You don't have something similar to RAP week in Sapper School. Oh yeah, one last thing, they allow woman in Sapper School!
                    Last edited by SSG Beckering; December 31st, 2010, 07:41 AM.

Comment

or about 95 days and nothing to show for it when I went to Ranger School! Couldn't get enough of the mountains.
                      Last edited by willw; May 4th, 2010, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I grew up in those Florida swap's. I lived about 30 mins for the 6th RTB. The only good thing about the swaps of florida, well there isn't anything good about them
                        Last edited by SSG Beckering; December 31st, 2010, 07:42 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=willw]or about 95 days when I went to Ranger School! Couldn't get enough of the Georgia mountains.[/QUOTE]

Lucky it wasn't the Best Ranger cycle break. I spent 84 days just in Dahlonega.

Comment

they really let women go to sapper school? I thought it was meant for combat engineers - hence combat mos

Comment

Very few women get in to SLC it's the slot mainly go to 21B, 11B, and 19D.
                              Last edited by Agent.Fox; October 27th, 2009, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X