X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapter 11 discharge

I was wondering after the papers get sent in for Chapter 11 discharge how long does it take before they send you home?

Re: Chapter 11 discharge

What's a Chapter 11 discharge? Bankruptcy? Usually when you're discharged, they try to get you out ASAP.

Comment

It's failure to adapt/quitting/giving up..

If I remember correctly, there are a few on these boards that were Chapter 11s.. maybe they'll stumble across here and be able to give you an answer.

Comment

Hi! Yes I am at the moment I am a chapter 11 person it happened in basic for a couple of reasons. It takes about a few weeks it can range ffrom like 3 to maybe 5 weeks at most. May I ask what happened? You can PM me if you want too. Best of luck too you and also don't let anyone get you down you can fix this, I'm working to fix my situation you can too if you want.

Comment

Ah okay. Surprised to hear it takes a few weeks for it to be complete. Why is that?

Comment

The way it was described to me X amount of years ago in BCT (which I'm sure was more likely a scare tactic then truth) was that Chapter 11s and the broked1cks are a low priority compared to recruits in training so they stay in purgatory while they wait for the papers to clear.. but like I said, that could all just be "motivation" if you catch my drift ;)

Comment

[QUOTE=mryan525]The way it was described to me X amount of years ago in BCT (which I'm sure was more likely a scare tactic then truth) was that Chapter 11s and the broked1cks are a low priority compared to recruits in training so they stay in purgatory while they wait for the papers to clear.. but like I said, that could all just be "motivation" if you catch my drift ;)[/QUOTE]

Ahh...makes sense. I heard the same stuff that if you quit boot camp, you go to the brig...and stuff like that too. I think maybe that's why the most used reason why people would quit and get sent home is the threat of suicide. Who is going to jail someone who is potentially serious about that intention?

Comment

They keep the recruits around to cut the grass and paint sheds, and watch their peers graduate.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mom's Mistake]Ah okay. Surprised to hear it takes a few weeks for it to be complete. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

The reason is simple because you have to get a certain number of counseling statements at a minimum and have your CO recommend you for a chapter 11. Once that happenes it is just a matter of time until your paperwork goes through and you get sent home. No you do NOT get it for just quiting, that wasn't my case, you can get it for a number of reasons. A chapter 11 is a VERY general thing. No you do NOT go to the brig for it that is a load of crap. Yes you can still go to college and live your life as you please and yes you can rejoin the Service. They say some of the biggest b u l l s h i t that they can think of which the vast majority of it is NOT true.

Oh and also your discharge does NOT upgrade to an honorable discharge after six months that is a lie they use to keep you from going to jag to fight your chapter 11 and what not.

Comment

Nope that thing is ELS discharge and you keep it like a pet ROCK, the thing outlives you.

[B]It will be filed away in National Archives, so your future kin can look it up that you failed bootcamp. [/B] Some kind of legacy.

Then at every Memorial Day, and Veterans Day you can feel like a moron, for the rest of your life.

Meanwhile the battle buddies you abandoned will be honoring the OATH they swore.

You WILL regret it.

(I enjoyed the CPT's comment)

Comment

[QUOTE=RE4Wavier4me]Nope that thing is ELS discharge and you keep it like a pet ROCK, the thing outlives you.

[B]It will be filed away in National Archives, so your future kin can look it up that you failed bootcamp. [/B] Some kind of legacy.

Then at every Memorial Day, and Veterans Day you can feel like a moron, for the rest of your life.

Meanwhile the battle buddies you abandoned will be honoring the OATH they swore.

You WILL regret it.

(I enjoyed the CPT's comment)[/QUOTE]

Some people don't try and get a chapter 11 on purpose or try and get out of it. There are some things that are beyond your control. Again remember a chapter 11 is a very general discharge that can be for practically anything so please out of respect don't judge this person until you at least hear all the facts.

Comment

got hurt that's y

Comment

I saw that happen in boot camp too. They went to a recovery platoon but depending on the injury they healed and returned to training; they got the option to be sent home and discharged, or because of the injury they were forced to go home and get discharged. We had some guys join our platoon after several months in the recovery platoon.

Comment

Somethings are the truth....and sometimes it's painful.

Thank goodness the person wasn't on the battlefield when they decieded to quit.

The gov. spent 30K to recruit the person, and 50K to train the person and to have the person quit, because they can't "Adapt?"

What's so difficult they tell you when to get up, when to eat, what to wear, where to go.

All three of us have trod the same path. I've been there done that, you've been there and done that. This person is going there and doing that. I know you're trying to get back in.

The FACT is in the military's eye this IS a failure, as will be documented by the seperation codes. The Fact is that this WILL be part of UNITED STATES history.

For me, I'm not going to let that be my final story. In fact it will not be how it ends for me. Sure it sucks to be away from your family and people, it is tough.

Personally I'm not concerned about bootcamp, I'm concerned about deployment. Bootcamp is just the introduction. We are at war. To quote something I heard this RSP drill, "They don't make weekend body bags." This nation exists because the Guard had the guts to right.

One of the Army values is selfless service. And to hear of people not "Adapting" is dissapointing, that is so selfish. So I'm dissapointed at this recruit, I'm dissapointed at you, I'm dissapointed at me.

But I will not be remembered as the guy that almost made it through bootcamp. I know that stuff happens. When I was going through bootcamp, my dad just had a stroke and mom was writing demoralizing letters, the Navy told me I couldn't do my MOS because of issues. I know about stuff. If you ever do get back in service, you'll learn you never make excusses. There is no excuse for not adapting.

Comment

[QUOTE=RE4Wavier4me]

For me, I'm not going to let that be my final story. In fact it will not be how it ends for me.
                              [/QUOTE]

And neither am I for myself but lets look at this with logic from what I am being told she got hurt and because of her injury she can't do certain things, now you and I both know for a fact that DS's don't like people on profile and she is being threatend with a chapter 11. Now I'm not making excuses but I can see that scenario exactly happening because I saw a few of them happen to people who I knew at basic training. For example I knew one guy who was epiliptic and had heart problems. He should have gotten a medical discharge but instead he got a chapter 11. Does that make any sense? No of coarse not. My point is that in some very few rare cases it is the people who are in charge and handle the paperwork that are flat out stupid and really don't know what they are doing.

Again I don't make any excuses for myself, even though again I didn't quit, there were other things happening. In this case I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt because I have seen things like this happen before. Remember no one in this world is perfect we all make mistakes I mean I don't think anyone on this board, in the Service or the in world is ever batting a thousand.

Again remember a chapter 11 is a very easy way to get rid of someone quickly for whatever reason and it is sooooo general that it could be for anything.
                              Last edited by hrotccadet; September 21st, 2009, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X