X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11b

Not sure if this is the correct place for this thread.

I was wondering about the process in changing mos in the guard. I enlisted as a 35f. not really feeling like flying a desk. I am thinking about a switch to 11b. I am prior service and have yet to report to my unit. I should say i have not been assigned to a unit. Also does anyone think 32 is to old to switch to a combat MOS. I was EOD and 13B in the big army.

Re: 11b

I had an AD guy who was 38 going through with us and he did fine in OSUT, Im sure he has yet to have any problems. I think as long as you can keep up with your sqaud and aren't a hinderance, you will do fine. So as long as you can push yourself (which if you have already been EOD and 13b, you shouldn't have a problem)

Oh yea, come to think of it, we had a 44 yo guy come through, been out like 15 years or something like that, He had been a Commo Instructer for RTB, held a Ranger tab and AA and AB wings, so he was obviously in amazing shape, but at that age he still did the best in the company PT wise, so anything is possible.

Comment

Check out 31B we can do almost anything 11B's do. No offense to you 11B's. lol
      Last edited by kswat07; September 15th, 2009, 06:02 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=kswat07]Check out 31B we can do almost anything 11B's do. No offense to you 11B's. lol[/QUOTE]

I'm both...so I have to disagree with that...we can carry a lot of fire power and we are flexible, but we still are a support element nothing more.

Comment

[QUOTE=kswat07]Check out 31B we can do almost anything 11B's do. No offense to you 11B's. lol[/QUOTE]

Um yeah....don't feed into everything your recruiter sold you. :rolleyes:

As for age, as long as you can prove yourself, the infantry will always have your back.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveLord]Um yeah....don't feed into everything your recruiter sold you. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I'd go further and say what his Brown hat told him!:D

Comment

MP Leads the Way!!
              or
              Infantry Leads the Way!!
              or
              Artillery Leads the Way!!
              or
              Dental Techs Lead the Way!!
              or
              Admin Lead the way!!

Whatever...

Comment

only two MOS's in the Army. 11 b's and 11 wanna B's. You sound like a wanna B :cool:

Comment

When I get to heaven
                  St. Peter's gonna say,
                  "How'd you earn your livin' boy,
                  How'd you earn your pay?"
                  I'll reply with a whole lot of anger,
                  "Made my living as... a food inspector?!?

Comment

Lol I knew saying that would start something. On a serious note though we all are basic soldiers first. Yes that was the the brown hats filled our minds with. Even some infantry guys including my recruiter describe MP's a glorified infantry with badges, but we're not anything alike. One team one fight no matter what the MOS. Hooah!

Comment

"All of the real heroes are not storybook combat fighters, either. Every single man in this Army plays a vital role. Don't ever let up. Don't ever think that your job is unimportant. Every man has a job to do and he must do it. Every man is a vital link in the great chain."

"What if every truck driver suddenly decided that he didn't like the whine of those shells overhead, turned yellow, and jumped headlong into a ditch? The cowardly bastard could say, "****, they won't miss me, just one man in thousands". But, what if every man thought that way? Where in the **** would we be now? What would our country, our loved ones, our homes, even the world, be like? No, G*******, Americans don't think like that. Every man does his job. Every man serves the whole. Every department, every unit, is important in the vast scheme of this war."

"The ordnance men are needed to supply the guns and machinery of war to keep us rolling. The Quartermaster is needed to bring up food and clothes because where we are going there isn't a **** of a lot to steal. Every last man on K.P. has a job to do, even the one who heats our water to keep us from getting the 'G.I. S***'."

- Gen. G. Patton :)

On topic though.. it's not too old if you want to go do it. People were posting elsewhere about 42 y/o 19Ds, and I'm sure there are a number of 11Bs around that age.

Comment

M-T great post.

And thank you

Comment

Being Prior Service would i have to go through OSUT again or is there a training for prior service to switch to 11b?

Any advice would be great!:)

Comment

I know we had an PS 88m who was out for 7 years, he joined us week 4 just in time for marksmanship, Also we two E-6's join us week 7 both who had just transfered one from Dental and the other being a Commo, so my best guess is you will go through OSUT, probably not week 1 day 1, but you will join at some point.

Comment

[QUOTE=tyler1124]I know we had an PS 88m who was out for 7 years, he joined us week 4 just in time for marksmanship, Also we two E-6's join us week 7 both who had just transfered one from Dental and the other being a Commo, so my best guess is you will go through OSUT, probably not week 1 day 1, but you will join at some point.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Tyler. That is what i was wondering. I dont mind doing it again I just really dont want to do day 0 over again....lol

Comment

Working...
                              X