X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't sign into PTH?

So, assigned Recruiter asked me to update my PTH for a follow-on, because of my previous info has changed, and your website says:

[QUOTE]
    Invalid Server Certificate
    You attempted to reach pth.army.pentagon.mil, but the server presented an invalid certificate.
    You cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain.

Help me understand
    When you connect to a secure website, the server hosting that site presents your browser with something called a "certificate" to verify its identity. This certificate contains identity information, such as the address of the website, which is verified by a third party that your computer trusts. By checking that the address in the certificate matches the address of the website, it is possible to verify that you are securely communicating with the website you intended, and not a third party (such as an attacker on your network).

In this case, the server certificate or an intermediate CA certificate presented to your browser is invalid. This may mean that the certificate is malformed, contains invalid fields, or is not supported.[/QUOTE]

Called friends of mine, and they are having the same issue.

Even sent messages over facebook, and almost a quarter of my friends planning to go Guard, are having the exact same problem, with the exact same "Red Screen" coming up.

Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, no difference.

How do we update our "Applications" if your application portal wont even let anyone access it? And others I know aren't even able to make PTH accounts even, because PTH is blocking them from making them.
    Last edited by FutureEngineer; April 10th, 2012, 07:30 PM.

Re: Can't sign into PTH?

Basically, this is a problem that a lot of folks have with security settings, especially with military websites. You may run into the same problem with AKO, DKO, and other sites.

To fix the issue in:

[U][B]Internet Explorer:[/B][/U]

1. At the top of the IE window, click on the "Tools" menu, and select "Internet Options"
    2. Select the "Advanced" tab
    3. Verify that [B]Use SSL 3.0[/B] and [B]Use TLS 1.0[/B] are check marked.
    -Ensure that [B]SSL 2.0[/B] is [U]not[/U] check-marked.
    4. Click "Apply" to apply the new settings.

[B][U]Mozilla Firefox[/U][/B]

1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the "Tools" menu, and select "Options..."
    2. Select the "Advanced" panel
    3. Click the "Encryption" tab
    4. Verify that [B]Use SSL 3.0[/B] and [B]Use TLS 1.0[/B] are check marked.
    -Ensure that [B]SSL 2.0[/B] is [U]not[/U] check-marked.
    5. Click "Okay" to close the Options window.

[B][U]Google Chrome
    [/U][/B]
    1. Click on the wrench icon to the right of the URL.
    2. Select "Options"
    3. Click on the "Under the Hood" tab
    4. Click on the "Change Proxy settings" button
    5. Click on the "Advanced" tab
    6. Scroll until you see the "Security" options
    7. Verify that [B]Use SSL 3.0 [/B]and [B]Use TLS 1.0[/B] are check marked.
    8. Click "Apply" to confirm the settings

Basically, once your settings are correct, you will be able to update your applications. If your friends are having issues with creating an account, you can always direct them here, or have them talk to the Path to Honor Support Desk through the National Guard website or call them. All of the information should be under the "Apply Now" tab on the main website.

Comment

Re: Can't sign into PTH?

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X