Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login to Path to Honor account (01/26/2012)

[INDENT] [SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=#000000]Starting a Path to Honor Account:[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][LIST=1][*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Go to [URL="http://www.NATIONALGUARD.com/"]http://www.NATIONALGUARD.com[/URL][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Click on the [B]"Apply Online"[/B] button.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]First, complete page 1 of the "Pre-Qualification Form," then click the blue [B]"Next"[/B] button located at the bottom of page 1. (Note: If you have spoken to an Army National Guard Recruiter, be sure to click the check box located next to "Yes, I’ve talked to an Army National Guard Recruiter," then type your recruiter’s four-letter RSID in CAPITAL letters.)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Next, you will receive a message saying: "Congratulations! You have qualified to move ahead."[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]On the same page, you will receive instructions explaining how to proceed with registration through a government website. After you understand the instructions, click on the blue [B]"Next"[/B] button located at the bottom of the form.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]You will then receive a warning about proceeding to a government website. Click the green [B]"I Accept"[/B] button.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Complete the next set of questions on your Pre-Qualification Form, called [B]"Additional Info."[/B] After completing the information, click the blue "Submit" button, located below.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]The [B]"Create Your Account"[/B] portion contains instructions for creating a 15-character password, choosing two security questions, and accepting the [B]"Terms and Conditions"[/B] and [B]"Privacy Act Statement."[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]To successfully create the required 15-character password, you must follow the password guidelines. You will notice check boxes located directly next to "Password Creation," with green checks inside those boxes indicating that you successfully created a password. (Note: Be sure you are not using any personal information for a password, e.g., first, middle, last name; Social Security number; phone number; address; etc.)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Following your password creation, you will select two "Password Retrieval Questions." Be sure to create something you can easily remember. (Note: Be sure [B]NOT[/B] to use any special characters for your retrieval questions, only letters.)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Once you read and agree to the "Terms and Conditions" and the "Privacy Act Statement," click on the green [B]"Continue"[/B] button located at the bottom.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Once you have completed the Pre-Qualification Form, you will receive a message advising you to [B]"Check Your Email."[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Go to your email inbox and open the email from Path to Honor, with a subject line of "Path to Honor - Verify Email Address."[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Click on the hyperlink below "IF YOU WISH TO PROCEED WITH PATH TO HONOR."[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]You will again receive a warning about proceeding to a government website. Click the green "I Accept" button.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000]Lastly, you will be on the "Thank You" page. Simply click on the blue "Click Here" to log in with your email address and password, and begin your Path to Honor Application.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/LIST][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000][B]
    Application Login:[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][LIST=1][*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Go to [URL]https://pth.army.pentagon.mil/pth/login.php[/URL][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Click on the green button that says "I Accept."[/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Below "Log in to your Path to Honor Account," use:[/FONT][/SIZE][LIST][*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]The email address you used to register for your Path to Honor Account[/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]The 15-character password you created[/FONT][/SIZE] [/LIST] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Click the blue "login" button to log in and continue your Path to Honor Application.[/FONT][/SIZE] [/LIST][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][B]
    For Assistance to Reset Your Password:[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][LIST=1][*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Go to [URL]https://pth.army.pentagon.mil/pth/login.php[/URL][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Click the green button that says [B]"I Accept."[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Below the login fields, click on the hyperlink that says [B]"Retrieve it here."[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]In the data field, enter the email address you used to register your account with Path to Honor and click the blue "Submit" button. Immediately, you will see: "Password Reset Instructions Sent."[/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Check the inbox of your email account for an email from Path to Honor with the subject line: "Instructions for Resetting Your Path to Honor Password."[/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Click on the long blue hyperlink located directly under the message.[/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Enter your email address under "Please enter your email address" and click [B]"Submit."[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Next, you will be prompted to answer the two security questions exactly as you initially created them when you registered, then click the blue [B]"Submit"[/B] button. (Note: Path to Honor Operators are not permitted to give you the answers to your security questions.)[/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Now, create a new 15-character-strong password, following the guidelines outlined on the page.[/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Once you have created your new password, click the blue [B]"Submit"[/B] button.[/FONT][/SIZE] [*][SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Click on the [B]"Click Here"[/B] hyperlink to log in.[/FONT][/SIZE] [/LIST][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=arial][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000][B]
    Note: [/B]Make sure you write down the password you choose, as well as the two security questions and their answers.

If you forget the URL, you can access it through [URL="http://www.NATIONALGUARD.com/"]http://www.nationalguard.com[/URL]. Click "Log in" at the top right corner of the screen, then click the blue "Log In" button for Application Login. Next, click the green "I Accept" button. You will then enter the email address you used when you registered, and your password.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/INDENT]

Re: Login to Path to Honor account (01/26/2012)

What can I do if I am not given to option to proceed to the site as directed in step 6?

Comment

Can you be more exact on what you are seeing? A more important question, are you still able to get into the website or is the browser completely blank? The general answer to your question has to do with your browser security/cookie settings. In my personal experience, Internet Explorer (and sometimes Chrome) is the best browser to use. Let me know if you need more specific help than this.

Comment

Call the Path to Honor help desk and they can walk you through any issues that you are having - 1-800-GOGUARD (464-8273) then select technical help.

Comment

I have tried creating an application through the site and everything plugs in right, but when I try to create password it says that it has not met the requirements. Although, all the requirements are checked it still says the same thing. I have tried several different passwords with all the requirements met and still it will not let me create an account through the application. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dilfix;176988]I have tried creating an application through the site and everything plugs in right, but when I try to create password it says that it has not met the requirements. Although, all the requirements are checked it still says the same thing. I have tried several different passwords with all the requirements met and still it will not let me create an account through the application. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

There could be a couple of issues that are causing this. If you have included #'s that are in line with your birthdate, that may be the issue. This is something that you need to call the helpdesk, so that they can walk you through it. 1-800-464-8273

Comment

Working...
            X