X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airborne

Do you have to be in a combat MOS to go to Airborne school?

[QUOTE=Dave-O^8706]Do you have to be in a combat MOS to go to Airborne school?[/QUOTE]

No. It is entirely possible to get an Airborne seat as something other than combat.

HOWEVER, this is all usually dependent on a variety of things. Commander, state funding, seats avail, your PT score, recommendation from chain of command, etc.

Not being in an airborne unit sure doesn't help. Army won't always pay to train/school someone they won't get much use out of.
    Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 29th, 2011, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I will tell you the Guard doesn't seem to put many through. I had to work a serious drug deal to get my seat. Day 1 of the training we had to get a brief from the NG Liason. Out of the 500+ people there, they asked all NG to fall out. There were like less than 20 of us. :eek:

Comment

Thanks for the reply's,I was planing on going active first.Will that make a difference?

Comment

Coming out of BCT and going to an ABN Division, probably too easy. It's no guarantee though, while there I met a CPT from the 82nd, said he had to wait 2 years for his slot....there was nothing open.

Comment

[quote=LT_77]Coming out of BCT and going to an ABN Division, probably too easy. It's no guarantee though, while there I met a CPT from the 82nd, said he had to wait 2 years for his slot....there was nothing open.[/quote]

Go to the 101st and there are tons of air assault slots open because everyone is scared to try ;)

Comment

we get lots of AA seats every year, probably go when I get back from deployment :D

Comment

AA wings is the cubic zurconium of the chest bling. It looks all nice and pretty but isnt worth jack :D :D

Comment

[quote=Phantom]AA wings is the cubic zurconium of the chest bling. It looks all nice and pretty but isnt worth jack :D :D[/quote]

of course! no AA missions happening daily in the Combat zone; its always airborne!!!:p

Comment

Working...
                  X