X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long are ASVAB scores valid????

Are there any recruiters that can speak to how long ASVAB scores are valid? The last ASVAB I took was in April of 1988. I am trying to join as an 09S and was told that the scores were too old and that I would need to re-take the test. No worries, I will ace it, but yesterday my recruitor said that I don't need to take per the Federal MEPS folks. He is trying to confirm who is correct. Any words of wisdom out there????

Federal MEPS? ASVAB scores are valid for 2 years, then you need to retest

[URL="http://www.military.com/ASVAB/0,,ASVAB_Explained2.html"]http://www.military.com/ASVAB/0,,ASVAB_Explained2.html[/URL]

Comment

It goes by the time that you left service.

Comment

I went off active duty and into the IRR back in March 1992, so it sounds like I will need take it over again.

Comment

Update - per my recruiter...ASVAB scores are good for 2 years prior to enlisting the 1st time. If you are prior service, they are permanent unless you choose to re-take them to improve your original scores.

Comment

I was out for 13 years. I initially took ethe ASVAB in 1985 in order to join the Navy. When I went back in last year I had to retake the test so I don't think they're good forever.

Comment

Devil dog, just re-take them. It wont hurt and will reset the clock ;)

Comment

I hope you're wrong, but we shall see. I'm not worried about doing well on it, but I am getting tired of the yo-yo effect. Do this, no do that, wait do this, whoops let's do that....yes, I know it is the very nature of the military.

Comment

Working...
                X