X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time in Grade from 2LT to 1LT now 18 months

Just got the memo dated 18 AUG actually...

TIG requirements for reserve component 2LTs has been reduced from 24 months to 18 months for promotion to 1LT. Obviously it is still up to the CDR to say yes or no, but this is pretty sweet. I'm within the 18 month window, walked down and talked to the S1 and my packet willl be ready today! :cool:

I don't have the ability to attach the pdf file here, but if you want the memo pm me your email addy and I'll send it to you.

In brief it says:

[QUOTE]MEMORANDUM FOR DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF G1, CHIEF ARMY RESERVE DIRECTOR ARMY NATIONAL GUARD

etc etc reduced to 18 months with completion of Basic Officer Leader etc etc

Signed by Assistant Secretary of the Army
    (Manpower and Reserve Affairs)

[/QUOTE]

congrats

I still have to do my 24 months :( Active duty 2LTs just have to wait a year)
    Last edited by WO1 Quinones; September 5th, 2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to getting this butter bar off... :cool:

I showed the memo to a 1LT that works here with me, he was like "man...thats bowl-sheet!" Haha.. what can I say? ;)

Comment

Some Warrants over here want to become a 2nd Louie. If you are in the Guard and a Warrant and have a bachelor's degree; you can request to DC in your branch (over here its Signal).

I see what happens because if I am going to be expected to be a PL and/or be slotted for command positions and now all warrants starting FY09 are going to be commissioned; then might as well to aim higher. Now they want Warrants to go to BOLC. I am not affected by that change if it happens. Every school that I been to after my deployment that has a field exercise (BNCOC proponent, WOCS); I havent learned nothing new.
        Last edited by WO1 Quinones; September 5th, 2008, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Sir,

Can you email me that memo? I have a 2LT that may fall right within this and would be ecstatic to hear that.

Thanks,

CPL Hess

[email]Laura.Hess@us.army.mil[/email]

Comment

roger over

Comment

Do you need a ride to clothing sales sir?

Comment

[QUOTE=SPC Ski]Do you need a ride to clothing sales sir?[/QUOTE]

Woah lets not get ahead of ourselves. He's still a 2LT, which means he doesn't get chauffeurs yet...just coffee makers. :p

Comment

hmmm

I see some brown dirt on that nose. :D

Comment

I was more worried weather or not he could find it :rolleyes:

yeah yeah I know...

1 sir

2 sir

3 sir

4 sir...

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]Some Warrants over here want to become a 2nd Louie. If you are in the Guard and a Warrant and have a bachelor's degree; you can request to DC in your branch (over here its Signal).

I see what happens because if I am going to be expected to be a PL and/or be slotted for command positions and now all warrants starting FY09 are going to be commissioned; then might as well to aim higher. Now they want Warrants to go to BOLC. I am not affected by that change if it happens. Every school that I been to after my deployment that has a field exercise (BNCOC proponent, WOCS); I havent learned nothing new.[/QUOTE]

Good luck, Sir. I can see the flip side to this direction for Warrants... pay less for PL/CO billets. Will the turn down rate on DC packages increase? I do agree with the Warrant commissioning at WO1 and it's about time that this gray area be resolved.

I'm wondering when the day'll come when the 2LT goes away from the non-operator MOS's (my idea of operator MOS's are... Pilots/Surgeons/Lawyers... yada yada).

Comment

Thanks for the post. Many Warrants wouldnt trade the rank for anything in the world and love the life of it. I see how my next assignment goes. I do miss the NCO Corps and working directly with soldiers but with the military; the opportunities are endless and you have to take advantage and whats best for you.

The lowest paid AD Warrant in relation to TIS/TIG going straight from high school to flight school is about 45K so pay is not really an issue. My TIS is 18 years.

Appointed by warrant from the Secretary of the Army, WO1s are technically and tactically focused officers who perform the primary duties of technical leader, trainer, operator, manager, maintainer, sustainer, and advisor. In 2007, legislation was proposed by the Department of Defense for consideration by Congress that would result in WO1s being commissioned by the President of the United States. Beginning FY09 all newly appointed Warrant Officers will be commissioned.
                        Last edited by WO1 Quinones; September 6th, 2008, 12:51 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]Thanks for the post. Many Warrants wouldnt trade the rank for anything in the world and love the life of it. I see how my next assignment goes. I do miss the NCO Corps and working directly with soldiers but with the military; the opportunities are endless and you have to take advantage and whats best for you.

The lowest paid AD Warrant in relation to TIS/TIG going straight from high school to flight school is about 45K so pay is not really an issue. My TIS is 18 years.

Appointed by warrant from the Secretary of the Army, WO1s are technically and tactically focused officers who perform the primary duties of technical leader, trainer, operator, manager, maintainer, sustainer, and advisor. In 2007, legislation was proposed by the Department of Defense for consideration by Congress that would result in WO1s being commissioned by the President of the United States. Beginning FY09 all newly appointed Warrant Officers will be commissioned.[/QUOTE]

Do you take command of 25U/C's?

How does your unit in particular operate? (unless it's OPSEC)

How was the transfer to Warrant Officer?

Comment

answers

[QUOTE=Draco771]Do you take command of 25U/C's?

IF THEY ARE SLOTTED UNDER THE MTOE AND IF I AM IN COMMAND; THEN YES

How does your unit in particular operate? (unless it's OPSEC)

OPSEC/WE OPERATE VERY WELL

How was the transfer to Warrant Officer?

WAS A DA SELECTION AND HAD TO ATTEND THE WOCS/WOBC TO SOLIDIFY KEEPING MY RANK. ITS MORE OF A TRANSITION AND LEAVING OLD HABITS BEHIND AND LEARNING NEW ONES.
                            [/QUOTE]

HOPE THIS ANSWERS

Comment

Promotion packet for 1LT sent up to state today...only takes about a week to get orders cut. :D

Bad news...could take quite a bit longer for Fed Rec orders to get cut, which I have to have for the actual promotion. :(

In due time...

Comment

Working...
                              X