X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army-Marine (MOS) Conversion Table

[url]http://www.goarip.com/resources/Army-Marines%20Conversion%20Table.htm[/url]

In case If anybody needed this, here it is. I think it's pretty dumb how my MOS as a 3051 in the Marine Corps couldn't transfer over to the 92Y Army MOS, it's basically the exact same job. Now I have to go to 3 weeks of MOS training and I only get the $15,000 bonus instead of the $20,000. If somebody on here has been to The Parks Reserve Training Area for school in Dublin, CA. let me know how it went and what to expect from the training in the Supply Field MOS.

Thanks,

Sgt Salinas
    USMC
    02-06

[QUOTE=Xmarine-Calguard][url]http://www.goarip.com/resources/Army-Marines%20Conversion%20Table.htm[/url]

In case If anybody needed this, here it is. I think it's pretty dumb how my MOS as a 3051 in the Marine Corps couldn't transfer over to the 92Y Army MOS, it's basically the exact same job. Now I have to go to 3 weeks of MOS training and I only get the $15,000 bonus instead of the $20,000. If somebody on here has been to The Parks Reserve Training Area for school in Dublin, CA. let me know how it went and what to expect from the training in the Supply Field MOS.

Thanks,

Sgt Salinas
    USMC
    02-06[/QUOTE]
    if you go to schools that is usually joint marine/army trained, for example marines attend the MP school at Fort Leonardwood as well and we have marines in signal over here, then basically you can credit for that army school. anyway, 15k is a good bonus period.

Comment

I see, the Army only gives transferable credit to Marines who have done gone to joint Army/Marine schools. Thanks sir.

Sgt Salinas
      USMC
      02-06

Comment

[QUOTE=Xmarine-Calguard]I see, the Army only gives transferable credit to Marines who have done gone to joint Army/Marine schools. Thanks sir.

Sgt Salinas
        USMC
        02-06[/QUOTE]
        in certain cases. I seen Marines that did the NCO non resident course get waived for PLDC and do BNCOC but in your instance perhaps that was the case. I am was regular marine and now regular army so the guards policy might be different

Comment

So if I did Corporals Course in the Marine Corps would I get waived for PLDC?

Comment

[QUOTE=Xmarine-Calguard]So if I did Corporals Course in the Marine Corps would I get waived for PLDC?[/QUOTE]
            yes, you should keep that certificate or it should be listed in your SRB

Comment

That doesnt sound right about the MOS thing, Both of my Marine MOSs translated to Army MOSs that I was awarded. One school was not at a joint army/marine school (Engineer school, camp lejeune) the other M1A1 tank crewman was at a joint school( Ft. Knox) I was awarded both (1812)19K and (1345)27E. Maybe there is something specific about the Army supply system that differs from the Corps that requires retraining.

Comment

Yea, I believe it has to do with learning the technology the Army uses and other methods Army supply personnel need to know. Still sucks though.

Comment

Working...
                X