X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill Weekends

How lenient are drill weekends? I'm curious b/c my sister's wedding is next summer and my husband will be graduating college in September next year. Two very important things I would like to be at. What if my drill weekend coincides with these events? Is there a drill schedule for the year so I would know what weekends in advance I would need to plan on? I realize things are probably changing all the time, but I'm just curious if anyone has any idea.

Thanks!

Your unit provides you with a drill schedule.

You can easily arrange to make a drill up prior or after, as long as you don't tell your chain of command the night before the event.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dezine37]How lenient are drill weekends? I'm curious b/c my sister's wedding is next summer and my husband will be graduating college in September next year. Two very important things I would like to be at. What if my drill weekend coincides with these events? Is there a drill schedule for the year so I would know what weekends in advance I would need to plan on? I realize things are probably changing all the time, but I'm just curious if anyone has any idea.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

they are pretty leanient, i will be missing drill next month because of my sisters wedding (shame to, we were going paintballing) but u have to have a good reason to miss, both those up their will be good reasons, a bad reason is saying like "I had planned to go camping that weekend" or something along the sort :p
      Ask your recruiter more, when i miss because of the wedding, i was told that i will be doing something in the recruiting office.

Comment

SUTA's

Talk to your unit long in advance and make arrangement.

While units do let their soldiers make up the time after drill, technically you are supposed to perform substitute duty BEFORE drill. Otherwise, you are being paid for duty not yet performed, and the Army gets a little grumpy about doing that.

Comment

depends on the unit

When it comes to SUTAs not all units have the luxury to hand them out like candy since UNIT readiness is paramount. Every new fiscal year; you will get your 12 month schedule so you know in advance. Also, let your team/squad leaders know first hand so they can address it accordingly (doesnt mean you have to wait to drill as well; a phone call is good if the time frame to request is too short). Here is a good memo that I found which was similiar in my old unit.

[url]http://www.state.nj.us/military/5-117th/cmd_suta_rmp.pdf[/url]

Comment

Working...
          X