X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GKO Deployment Opportunities

Anyone know how up to date the deployment ops spreadsheet is on GKO? Also if anyone has any experience volunteering for a deployment as an officer please pm me to share how dealt with the internal politics.

Thanks

Re: GKO Deployment Opportunities

[QUOTE=willw]Anyone know how up to date the deployment ops spreadsheet is on GKO? Also if anyone has any experience volunteering for a deployment as an officer please pm me to share how dealt with the internal politics.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Often the opportunities arise on short notice, hence it may not be up-to-date in the extreme sense. I used to sit a dozen feet from the individual sourcing section at the ARNG mobilization office, so I can tell you that they take that volunteer list very seriously.

[I]"So why am I still here and not overseas?"[/I]
    [LIST=1][*]They don't have a need for your grade/MOS.[*]You entered sloppy or incomplete information on the volunteer sheet.[*]Your records have a major flaw or mistake, e.g., no record of completion of military training.[*]Your unit faces mobilization in the next two years. We don't want to break one unit to fix another.[*]Your State categorically refuses to cooperate. Your TAG has no obligation to release you. Some TAGs refuse to release anyone to mobilize with another State, and that's their right.[/LIST]

Comment

my name is sgt eugenio cruz diaz. i belong to the 1/296/BN. my mos is 11B20. right now am unemployed. served in iraq 2005 and volunter in 2007.
      combat duty in iraq right now, am looking foward to be deployed with any unit.
      the truth is i do better there than here, jobs are hard to find.

have a family to take of, the only way to serve my country is the only thing i do best.
      if you want to contact me at my cell 787 232 2492; my unit number is 787 890/1050 1/296/BN Bravo.co.
      My email adress is [email]eugenio.cruzdiaz@us.army.mil[/email]
      thank you for time, yours truly,
      eugenio cruzdiaz

will appreciate any help on this matter
      Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 20th, 2011, 12:45 PM. Reason: No Punctuation / separation

Comment

SGT CRUZ, please note that posting this information on this forum will NOT help you get mobilized. Get on GKO and put your name on the volunteer list, and talk to your chain of command. Best wishes.

Comment

Can you get on GKO without a cac reader? You can get on AKO without a cac reader.

Comment

[QUOTE=tgpii]Can you get on GKO without a cac reader? You can get on AKO without a cac reader.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe you can anymore. At least it always made me do a cac log in.

Comment

Working...
            X