X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full time vs part time

I am going to see my recruiter tommorrow. Can he answer questions about the Guard and Army or would I have to contact another recruiter?

If you got to a totyota salesman, and ask him to compare the toyotas to hondas...would he be unbiased?
    You should gather information from multiple sources, don't just limit yourself to active and guard recruiters. Then come to an educated decision, which better suits your needs.

Comment

The Guard is the best organization hands down. I dont know how the United States will survive without them.

Comment

[QUOTE=bobomize]I am going to see my recruiter tommorrow. Can he answer questions about the Guard and Army or would I have to contact another recruiter?[/QUOTE]

If you have never been in before, he can put you into either the Guard or the Active Duty

Comment

I don't understand all the Active Duty bravado when there are so many NG and reserve units in Iraq & Afghanistan. I talked to a few ex-Active Duty soldiers and they all said they looked down on the guardsmen or reservists. I understand inter-branch rivalry, but I hope the service really isn't that divisive, I plan on joining as soon as I get my bachelors. I guess this is off-topic from the O.P. question, but, yeah.

Comment

From what I understand a lot AD recruiters don't quite understand all the benefits of the guard etc, I would defintely talk to a specialized Guard recruiter.

Comment

[quote=JonTheBaptist]I don't understand all the Active Duty bravado when there are so many NG and reserve units in Iraq & Afghanistan. I talked to a few ex-Active Duty soldiers and they all said they looked down on the guardsmen or reservists. I understand inter-branch rivalry, but I hope the service really isn't that divisive, I plan on joining as soon as I get my bachelors. I guess this is off-topic from the O.P. question, but, yeah.[/quote]

Its just based on rumor, lack of mutual respect (at times) and personal experience. Nothing antagonistic since we are one force. Just different mindsets at times but everyone has a mission to fulfill. I been on both sides on the house (more active than reserve/guard) and see the pros/cons of both. It even happens on the active duty side. If you been a soldier in line units vice someone that has been enjoying the TRADOC environments and doesnt have a patch on the right-arm, you considered sub-class and not a real (hooaish) soldier.
              Last edited by WO1 Quinones; November 14th, 2008, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X