X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split option... for college?

As a college student can I do the split-option?

Yes. What MOS are you interested in?

Comment

[QUOTE=ahsan]Yes. What MOS are you interested in?[/QUOTE]

11b infantryman, or so it stands right now. I would be joining the N.Y.N.G. as thats where I live.

Comment

Really?

I thought Split Option was just for High School students....[I]Really[/I]?

Comment

[QUOTE=California Captain]I thought Split Option was just for High School students....[I]Really[/I]?[/QUOTE]
          I'm pretty positive that split op is open to anyone.

Comment

Split op is open to anyone. It was suggested to me, and I'm in the middle of college now.

Comment

Good info

I've never offered it to anyone besides high school students. Good info, thanks --

Comment

[QUOTE=cook_in_texas]Split op is open to anyone. It was suggested to me, and I'm in the middle of college now.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, what was your intended MOS? Also when you enter basic and AIT do you go through OSUT if your on split-op? Do you enter as an E-2 or E-4? Cause if you have a 4 year degree and enlist you come in as an E-4.

If you enter at anything lower then an E-4, when you complete your studies do you get promoted to E-4 automatically?

Thanks

- J

Comment

Im no recruiter but im pretty sure you have to have the schooling completed in order to obtain the rank.

Comment

Working...
                  X