Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=freedomrider7]My boyfriend is at Fort Knox right now and the address that i send letters to isn't set up like that .

It's: E-1 Samuel Smith
    D CO 1/46 Infantry
    4th Platoon
    3576 Wilson Road
    Fort Know, KY 40121-5728[/QUOTE]

This is the address to knox. mine was

Pvt. Stevens, jason
    ACO 2-46 inf
    4th platoon Maddawgs
    3576 wilson road
    fort knox Ky, 40121.

If you just send if to fort knox kentucky, he will get it, but it might take longer.

Comment

Ok, give me your suggestions. As I understand it when someone gets a package it is shared with the entire platoon. How many people are in a platoon? If you are suggesting some kind of baked goodies, I need to make sure I make enough.

Comment

Jason, my son lists the same street address as you.....must be the local mail room.

Comment

Apparently he did get razed for not having the address correct. He put p.s. send it to the exact return address.

Comment

Only send stuff if you want to feed the drill sergeants. They dont share them they throw them away. unless it is prepackaged. The DS's will eat it. but your son will not. Or they will make him eat the whole package while everyone does excercise. Dont do that to your son.

He probably just didnt get it for awhile, or another platoon got it first. It probably is a local mail room where it is separated by company. Tell your son to stay positive, Oh, and tell him good luck on those hills and to wear good socks and foot powder on his road marches.

Comment

As so many things in the Army, it depends on your company and DS.

During BCT three years ago at Ft. Leonard Wood, my DS would encourage us to exercise if the address was screwed up in ANY way. You have to love friends who send stuff with hearts and 'stuff' drawn on the package.

As for goodies, our DS would allow us to share baked goods toward the end of the cycle - as long as there was enough for everyone and it was all eaten during the mail call. Some people opted for the DS to hold the package with the contraband until the end of cycle.

So the moral is ask your son in a letter what actually happens to goodies, then send them if you like the response. Remember, you don't really want to surprise him with anything during BCT - surprises usually equate to attention which is something most Joe's don't want.

Comment

Ha. I was in Smith's platoon at Ft. Knox. Actually, we had two Smith's the smelly one and yours. Next time you talk to him tell him Wall said hello.

[QUOTE=freedomrider7]My boyfriend is at Fort Knox right now and the address that i send letters to isn't set up like that .

It's: E-1 Samuel Smith
                D CO 1/46 Infantry
                4th Platoon
                3576 Wilson Road
                Fort Know, KY 40121-5728[/QUOTE]

Comment

[QUOTE=cyall]Ha. I was in Smith's platoon at Ft. Knox. Actually, we had two Smith's the smelly one and yours. Next time you talk to him tell him Wall said hello.[/QUOTE]

Lol I'll tell him. I have a question, I'm missing about 60 letters Sam says he sent me, did you ever send any letters out that never got to where they were supposed to?

Comment

60 letters?? lmaof. have mercy lol Has the guy been away for 60 days yet? Is it love or the fear of a Dear John? I have seen so many Dear John letters in my life; it amazes me that it happens to a reservists or NG while at BT/AIT.

Comment

This is one Company, one experience, well actually the entire company expeiienced it.... letters sent 'home' would come in mixed sequence, they would get one from two weeks ago after one sent four days ago... You turn the mail into your student leadership and they turn it into your Platoon Sergeant, that PS mails it when he/she feels like it. It may get lost on a desk for a week, who knows. They will deny it, because the military says mail and pay are the two most important things to a Soldier and it will never be messed with, but there is always human error. Sometimes my parents and friends would get a weeks worth of mail from me all in one day. You dont always get mail call every day at training either. Sometimes no one has the time to go pick it up from the mailroom and a few days go by. You will get the letters eventually, if they were turned in. The Recruit learns eventuallyto just take their mail with them to chow and find a mailbox to send them out themself.

Comment

PV2 Becky, I was going to bring that up on your last sentence and you hit it right on the nail. Excellent display of common sense troop.

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]60 letters?? lmaof. have mercy lol Has the guy been away for 60 days yet? Is it love or the fear of a Dear John? I have seen so many Dear John letters in my life; it amazes me that it happens to a reservists or NG while at BT/AIT.[/QUOTE]

Lol he's done with BCT now and is in AIT. I actually freaked out that he would get sent to Iraq after training so the first letter he got from me was a Dear John letter. My next letter was me regretting it. After a few weeks of hell I asked him back out. He gladly accepted and told me that he knew I would calm down and come back to him. I never stopped writting him when I broke up with him and I still told him I loved him. He's a big part of my life and I can't believe I ever let something scare me away. I know a lot more now and so now I know he wont be sent off for at least two years because of the college first program.

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]This is one Company, one experience, well actually the entire company expeiienced it.... letters sent 'home' would come in mixed sequence, they would get one from two weeks ago after one sent four days ago... You turn the mail into your student leadership and they turn it into your Platoon Sergeant, that PS mails it when he/she feels like it. It may get lost on a desk for a week, who knows. They will deny it, because the military says mail and pay are the two most important things to a Soldier and it will never be messed with, but there is always human error. Sometimes my parents and friends would get a weeks worth of mail from me all in one day. You dont always get mail call every day at training either. Sometimes no one has the time to go pick it up from the mailroom and a few days go by. You will get the letters eventually, if they were turned in. The Recruit learns eventuallyto just take their mail with them to chow and find a mailbox to send them out themself.[/QUOTE]

Sam Graduated BCT on October 3 and I still haven't gotten any of the missing letters. I have a toltal of 10 letters but he says I'm still missing about 60. The letters I do have I received 4 days after he wrote them.

Comment

So how was time with Jody during the cool-off period? :) kidding!

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]60 letters?? lmaof. have mercy lol Has the guy been away for 60 days yet? Is it love or the fear of a Dear John? I have seen so many Dear John letters in my life; it amazes me that it happens to a reservists or NG while at BT/AIT.[/QUOTE]

Sam had no fear of a Dear John letter. He couldn't believe it when I sent him one, he even asked his battle buddy to read it and make sure it was real.

Sam has forgiven me for the letter, but I'll never forgive myself. He started crying infront of everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X