X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exodus

Does anyone know what the dates are for Christmas break, specifically Fort Sill BCT this year?

Middle of December to the about the 2nd or 3rd of January. 16 days is common. You can call and ask them. Look at their website for a good number to call. They werent very informative at the base I went to, but its worth a try if the exact days are a necesity to have. Remember, Exodus isnt given to you, you do have to earn it.

Comment

She's right. It does have to be earned.At Ft.Knox, when I went.They flat out told us unless we showed progress when exodus comes around,we were not going home!!! Needless to say, we busted our butts for that privladge.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pvt Merkel]She's right. It does have to be earned.At Ft.Knox, when I went.They flat out told us unless we showed progress when exodus comes around,we were not going home!!! Needless to say, we busted our butts for that privladge.[/QUOTE]

Ummm...I suspect not. Seriously, your Drill SGTs want time off too, if they keep everyone there because they didn't "earn" the right to go home, then that means they would have to be there too.

Sure, there might be a few staybacks, but unless you seriously commit an Article 15 offense you are going to get your Christmas leave regardless of what the DS tell you.

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]Ummm...I suspect not. Seriously, your Drill SGTs want time off too, if they keep everyone there because they didn't "earn" the right to go home, then that means they would have to be there too.

Sure, there might be a few staybacks, but unless you seriously commit an Article 15 offense you are going to get your Christmas leave regardless of what the DS tell you.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Drill Sergeants will scare you into believing anything.

Comment

does bout every base let you go home for those days?

Comment

I believe in the GRINCH!!!:eek:

Comment

[QUOTE=Adam.Slone]does bout every base let you go home for those days?[/QUOTE]

sho nuff, but its a detriment in my opinion.. so if I was you, i'd suggest not having to deal with it. You go home, eat a few fat cakes, don't run like you should... by the time you get back, its crunch time for the end of basic/ait and you can't even pass a pt test... or if you're a female... don't come back preggers.... I know I know.. common sense right? I would've liked to think so.

Comment

Shh, of course just about everyone is going. But I didnt want to spoil it for the DS's!! lol I wont tell you what the offenses were, but one hour before going to out processing...a HUGE umm..thingy went down (caught). Sure they were held up and we didnt see them until we were on the busses, it was a scare tactic, but in a round about way its an earned privilage. They send all the ones staying back to one company, and no matter who has done what, there will always be supervision somewhere for those that dont go. It is also your choice to leave or not. Its on your dime to go back home. I do wish I hadnt gotten it, the 16 days were just training days and we got done a half a month early instead. And that was Ait.
                  Last edited by WIBecky74; September 22nd, 2008, 05:42 AM.

Comment

You ruined my fun LT lol. And Santa isn't real? :confused: :eek:

Comment

[QUOTE=WIBecky74]Shh, of course just about everyone is going. But I didnt want to spoil it for the DS's!! lol I wont tell you what the offenses were, but one hour before going to out processing...a HUGE umm..thingy went down (caught). Sure they were held up and we didnt see them until we were on the busses, it was a scare tactic, but in a round about way its an earned privilage. They send all the ones staying back to one company, and no matter who has done what, there will always be supervision somewhere for those that dont go. It is also your choice to leave or not. Its on your dime to go back home. I do wish I hadnt gotten it, the 16 days were just training days and we got done a half a month early instead. And that was Ait.[/QUOTE]

We had a few guys stay and didn't go home and they just got a hotel room for the time.I guess everyone is different on that unless they've changed that sense 97.

Comment

This is so freakin amazing and the point made about how each generation's basic training is harder seems to hold alot of water. Sorry, there werent Exoduses during my time. You sang Happy Birthday to Jesus.

Movie Tigerland is a good 11B AIT movie.

Comment

[QUOTE=WO1 Quinones]This is so freakin amazing and the point made about how each generation's basic training is harder seems to hold alot of water. Sorry, there werent Exoduses during my time. You sang Happy Birthday to Jesus.

Movie Tigerland is a good 11B AIT movie.[/QUOTE]

Roger that Chief...Christmas is another training day.

Comment

[QUOTE=SPC Ski]Roger that Chief...Christmas is another training day.[/QUOTE]
                            Exactly. The enemy is not going to cease fire on that day. Become an Altar Boy if you want Exodus. Or see the Paul Newman movie of the same title.

Comment

Working...
                            X