X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP stripes for skills program

does anyone knows how this stripes for skills program works, until I ship for bct it's 6 months away. maybe I can go up one grade.

free bump :D

Comment

From what I remember it goes by this criteria

DnC
      Rank Structure
      Map Reading
      PT

okay that's all I know, never did it.

Comment

This is from '04, might be outdated but you get the idea. I dont see the Soldiers Creed listed, I thought that was in there too. The copy and paste didnt work for the PT test, its a full APFT and you need to score at least a 60 in each catagory. Your instuctor usually helps you a little bit, and if you flub up in one area, will likely retrain you and you can retry.

ESTABLISHED BANK ACCOUNT
        START DIRECT DEPOSIT
        SET UP AKO ACCOUNT
        SET UP MY PAY ACCOUNT
        MILITARY TIME (SEAR Red Disc Salvo 1)
        DRILL AND CEREMONIES
        ▪ Execute the Position of Attention
        Execute the Hand Salute: (SEAR Red Salvo 1)
        Know Who and When to Salute: (SEAR Salvo 1)
        ▪ Execute Rest Position
        ▪ Parade Rest
        ▪ At Ease
        ▪ Stand at Ease
        ▪ Rest
        ▪ Execute Facing Movements At The Halt
        ▪ Right Face
        ▪ Left Face
        ▪ About Face
        ▪ Marching
        ▪ Forward March
        ▪ Half Step
        ▪ Change Step
        ▪ Column Left
        ▪ Column Right
        ▪ Halt
        RECITE GENERAL ORDERS (SEAR Red Salvo 1)
        ▪ First General Order
        ▪ Second General Order
        ▪ Third General Order
        IDENTIFY RANK STRUCTURE (SEAR Red Salvo 1)
        ▪ Enlisted
        ▪ Officer (Commissioned / Warrant)
        PHONETIC ALPHABET (SEAR Red Salvo 1)
        ▪ Know / Recite Phonetic Alphabet
        FIRST AID
        ▪ Evaluate a Casualty
        ▪ Perform First Aid and Practice Individual Preventative Medicine
        Countermeasures
        ▪ Perform First Aid for Bleeding Extremity
        ▪ Perform First Aid for Splinting a Fracture
        ▪ Push-ups Repetitions: Points:
        ▪ Sit-ups Repetitions: Points:
        ▪ 2 Mile Run Time: Points:
        LAND NAVIGATION
        ▪ Identify Terrain Features on a Map
        ▪ Determine The Grid Coordinates on a Map
        ▪ Measure Distance on a Map
        BASIC LEAD QUALIFICATION SKILLS (APPLE-MD)
        Last edited by WIBecky74; September 10th, 2008, 02:29 AM.

Comment

^Word for word right there!!^ ;)

Comment

you gotta be kiddin me? you get rank for just that? I wish i was 18 again; I be a General by now lol.

Comment

but it only work from E1 to E2 no more than that. thats what I was told

Comment

Rhino, You can G-Rap up to 2 people for promotion providing you are an E1 now. Just by getting 2 people to sign up will get you promoted to PFC. If you do this, just make sure to enter the info on the G-Rap website... You will also get $2000.00 for each person you put in... Not a bad deal.

Comment

[QUOTE=aSoldierAndaLady]Rhino, You can G-Rap up to 2 people for promotion providing you are an E1 now. Just by getting 2 people to sign up will get you promoted to PFC. If you do this, just make sure to enter the info on the G-Rap website... You will also get $2000.00 for each person you put in... Not a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

+1 they have to ship, and complete IET.

Comment

a soldier and a lady? devil dog I wonder how this looks like lol

Comment

Hey... At my age I think I earned the title... :)

Comment

[QUOTE=aSoldierAndaLady]Hey... At my age I think I earned the title... :)[/QUOTE]

I'm glad there are more 40+ y/o's in here other than me. What title? You completed basic already? Congrats to you and your daughter for joining the Guard. Country first Hooah! :D

Comment

I am 40 and will turn 41 at the end of this month. My current MOS is 68X -Mental Health Spec. but I am in the process of changing to 92Y- Unit Supply. My daughter just swore in 2 weeks ago and our recruiter found us both Supply slots at the same unit so we will be drilling together. I have not gone to basic yet. I am scheduled to go Jan 15th as is my daughter but by the time my MOS is officially changed that AIT class for Supply could be full and I may have to ship later than her... Still in limbo and waiting to hear what is going on and if my original unit will release me.... I swore in back in April so I guess until I hear more life will be the same with RSP every month.... My daughter will be Red Phase this weekend but had previously attended drill with me so she has a pretty good idea of what to expect.
                          Have you been to basic? what is your MOS?

Comment

[QUOTE=aSoldierAndaLady]I am 40 and will turn 41 at the end of this month. My current MOS is 68X -Mental Health Spec. but I am in the process of changing to 92Y- Unit Supply. My daughter just swore in 2 weeks ago and our recruiter found us both Supply slots at the same unit so we will be drilling together. I have not gone to basic yet. I am scheduled to go Jan 15th as is my daughter but by the time my MOS is officially changed that AIT class for Supply could be full and I may have to ship later than her... Still in limbo and waiting to hear what is going on and if my original unit will release me.... I swore in back in April so I guess until I hear more life will be the same with RSP every month.... My daughter will be Red Phase this weekend but had previously attended drill with me so she has a pretty good idea of what to expect.
                            Have you been to basic? what is your MOS?[/QUOTE]

I'm 44 and 9/10ths and I earned my title of Marine over 26 years ago at MCRD PISC. I served 11 years AD and 1 in the reserves. I was a 0313 (LAV/AAV)Light armor infantry did that for 4 yrs re-enlisted 6 years (extended 12 monthsto get B2B accompany tours to Okinawa) changed MOS to 7011 Expeditionary airfields. Took a 13 year break and now I'm a "try one" 88M (motor transport) debating to re-enlist or go chairforce reserves?

Comment

[QUOTE=7011USMC]I'm 44 and 9/10ths and I earned my title of Marine over 26 years ago at MCRD PISC. I served 11 years AD and 1 in the reserves. I was a 0313 (LAV/AAV)Light armor infantry did that for 4 yrs re-enlisted 6 years (extended 12 monthsto get B2B accompany tours to Okinawa) changed MOS to 7011 Expeditionary airfields. Took a 13 year break and now I'm a "try one" 88M (motor transport) debating to re-enlist or go chairforce reserves?[/QUOTE]

You are light years ahead of me in this game... Most people think I am just plain crazy but it has been a life long dream. My 16 year old sons friends think it's "pretty cool" and some of them are considering joining when they turn 17... I think I am dreading the running at basic but otherwise it should be pretty much cake as I workout regularly and am fairly athletic... The mental part will be the easy part for me. In all honestly, I am looking forward to basic and getting away from, dishes, laundry, cooking, grocery shopping etc... Where else would I have a chance to go to act like a kid again? :)

Comment

Working...
                              X