X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drugs ! Dont Waste a Recruiters Time

Recently I had an applicant who was discharged from another branch of service with an entry level discharge. I did an enormous amount of work getting ammendments to the discharge, waiver and just plain taking care of this person to help get them on track for live. Then the morning I go to bring them to MEPS to re-physical I get the news that they recently use heroin!

I couldnt believe it and was forced to immediatly disqualify the person.

Moral of the story - we DONT want drug users in our National Guard. If your a user go get the help you need to get your live on track. We are not the place to go to help get you off drugs. We want drug free people of the highest moral standard. PLEASE do not waste your time or the time of a recruiter if you do drugs. Just go get the help you need to get off them. :)

so did you push them out of your moving vehicle on the way home? :eek:

Comment

I simply said "GET OUT"

Comment

Permanent DQ

We had one guy go in, thinking he might not get "caught" by the pee test at MEPS. Hey, it was [I]only a little [/I]pot...:confused:

I am told he can NEVER apply again, thanks to that litlle indiscretion.

Looking at the bigger picture, I guess its a good thing.

Stupid enough to do drugs.
        Stupid enough to think MEPS wouldn't notice.

Too stupid for my Army.

Comment

[QUOTE=California Captain]We had one guy go in, thinking he might not get "caught" by the pee test at MEPS. Hey, it was [I]only a little [/I]pot...:confused:

I am told he can NEVER apply again, thanks to that litlle indiscretion.

Looking at the bigger picture, I guess its a good thing.

Stupid enough to do drugs.
          Stupid enough to think MEPS wouldn't notice.

Too stupid for my Army.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they were for therapeutic purposes? Appetite, therapy, and cataracts. WTF do these "people" think? I went to MEPS in 1981 and their is always someone trying to re-invent the wheel. Long live the "pecker checker" the unsung hero!
          Last edited by 7011USMC; August 29th, 2008, 11:49 AM.

Comment

check out

[QUOTE=7011USMC]Maybe they were for therapeutic purposes? Appetite, therapy, and cataracts. WTF do these "people" think? I went to MEPS in 1981 and their is always someone trying to re-invent the wheel. Long live the "pecker checker" the unsung hero![/QUOTE]

The movie "Harsh Times" Candidate tried to be slick with the turkey baster.

Comment

all u have to do for pot is wate until its oput of your system then go.how stupid do u have to be to not think of that

Comment

[QUOTE=r4d4r]all u have to do for pot is wate until its oput of your system then go.how stupid do u have to be to not think of that[/QUOTE]

Re-read as your post. This is why our country lags in education! Let me guess? Yes we can, Hope, and Change. :D

Comment

[QUOTE=7011USMC]Re-read as your post. Yes we can, Hope, and Change. :D[/QUOTE]

Instead of that quote I like this one better “Just say no to drugs!” Nancy Reagen was right!

Comment

[QUOTE=7011USMC]Re-read as your post. This is why our country lags in education! Let me guess? Yes we can, Hope, and Change. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh and by the way I agree totally that drugs are destroying our schools and education is the basis of society and creativity and without the two you are either going to be some meathead or some brain dead loser and that doesn't help anyone! I think I'm right on this one!

Comment

[QUOTE=7011USMC]Re-read as your post. This is why our country lags in education! Let me guess? Yes we can, Hope, and Change. :D[/QUOTE]
                      your gona correct me but u made a mistake too."Re-read as your post"im just typin on the comp its not like im writing a report and trust me im prolly alot smarter than most the people around 17 and 18 maybe even older on this forum

Comment

Gentlemen, make love not war

[QUOTE=r4d4r]your gona correct me but u made a mistake too."Re-read as your post"im just typin on the comp its not like im writing a report and trust me im prolly alot smarter than most the people around 17 and 18 maybe even older on this forum[/QUOTE]

R4D4, The marine commented that you seem to accept the fact that pot-smoking is acceptable and that the enlistee should try to buck than system than taking the moral ground. He wasn't correcting your grammar or your communication skills.
                        Last edited by WO1 Quinones; August 29th, 2008, 09:22 PM.

Comment

well honestly sir i think it depends on the situation and the person.one of my friends im recruiting smoked for about a year and now she is going to quite just to be able to join.everyone can make bad decisions but people can also change or correct it.so shes waiting until it will show up neg on the urine test to go up to meps with me and another one of my friends.o and my name is pronounced radar incase u were woundering y it was spelled like that.its my nickname from drill team.

Comment

M.a.s.h.

Like the Radar in M.A.S.H.?

Comment

kinda.they say i look like him but the reason they gave me the name is cuz i have really bad allergies and whenever the season changes i sneeze alot around this time so i was sneezin all practice and then it starts rainin.so they said i was like doplar radar.and i spell it with the 4 becuz i play games and it a nerd language

Comment

Working...
                              X