Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
I Am 5'3 105lbs 20yr old female.. and I Can't Do Push Ups To Save My Life. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am 5'3 105lbs 20yr old female.. and I Can't Do Push Ups To Save My Life.

Is Anyone Else Leaving The Same Day? I Can Honestly Say I Am Excited And Nervous At The Same Time:eek: . Everyone Always Tells Me Different Things About Jackson So I Do Not Know What To Believe NEmore:confused:And I Am 5'3 105lbs 20yr old female.. and I Can't Do Push Ups To Save My Life.. Any Advice?? Now, What Should I Expect? And About AIT in VA Will I Be Able To Get My Cell Mailed To Me? Oh Lord... Soooo Many Things Going Through My Head... NE1 Please Help However You Can.. Thanks A Lot:D
    Last edited by DHIVDTB; July 4th, 2008, 01:26 AM.

Just relax, RSP will help your prepared for BCT. It will give you a good view of what to expect, talk to some of the phase2 split-op guys that have been too BCT and waiting on AIT. They can help shake some of the cobwebs. On the pushups, start doing PT now. Work on running, situps and pushups, thats what you are tested on. You got a few months to get that head start. Go for it and you will turn out fine. Good Luck to you and thanks for stepping up.

Comment

I was trying to think of a good way to put this. Dont use that height/weight as an excuse. Not because of any reason other than you are putting it in your head you cant do it. Yes you can!! Trust me. You actually have somewhat of an advantage over larger people. You dont have tons of fat which means you can gain muscle faster. (okay i'm no doctor and might not have used the right words there, but its true) Some of us that did the best in PT/APFT were the smallest ones around. And as for carrying extra gear around, you have a shorter distance to fall (like a turtle mind you, its actually funny) in those little holes you are bound to find. And if you actually think of PT as free and in abundance, only there to help you, its a good feeling to find out how good of shape you can become. Dont short yourself, even when they arent looking, do your best. It does pay off.

Your going at a good time of year. FTX's (in the field training) might get a little cool, especially your last one, but you have items to help you with that. Listen to your DS's, they do know best.

Take everything seriously, but that doesnt mean you cant have any fun. Remember why you are there. Your reason is different from the person sitting next to you. Dont become a Sick Call Ranger. Do see someone (Doctor) if you need to, but otherwise stick with the training. Also remember you could be using that training very soon in real life situations. Pay attention to detail.

I have a good feeling you will find BCT not as hard as you thought. Don't get me wrong, its tough, but probably not as bad as your picturing it in your head.

Stay quiet and respectful in formations. You will have enough of them. Help others that need it. Ask questions if you dont understand.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask them. Was there almost at the same time as you one year ago. It was a month earlier, but I stayed there for Ait after that. Baby powder and baby wipes will become your best friend. lol You will purchase those once you get there though.
      Last edited by WIBecky74; July 4th, 2008, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks

:) Thank you both for the advice, believe it or not it made a HUGE difference. People's advice is always helpful! I will def. get to working out 2night!!

Happy 4th:)

Comment

I'm leaving Sept. 23rd. I know exactly how you feel. The closer I get the more intense the excitement/anxiousness. Have you been to RSP yet and if so how many? By the end of your second RSP (Red Phase 2) you'll be surprised at how much you have learned.

PT is the hardest thing to get started on. If you are working right now like I am it makes it harder :p

Just keep working on it a day at a time. No one becomes a PT Stud overnight!

Comment

Fort Jackson should live up to its name of Relaxin Jackson. I went to AIT there and i'm sorry to say that there were people in AIT who didnt even know how to put the plates in an IBA. Do pushups. the only way to get better at any excercise is to do that excercise. So if you suck at running or doing pushups, do them.

Comment

[QUOTE=shutterm4]Fort Jackson should live up to its name of Relaxin Jackson. I went to AIT there and i'm sorry to say that there were people in AIT who didnt even know how to put the plates in an IBA. Do pushups. the only way to get better at any excercise is to do that excercise. So if you suck at running or doing pushups, do them.[/QUOTE

I was told before attending Bct, you get out of it what you put into it. It is very true. As with most anything in life, there are ways to skate around things. But you live with knowing you either did or did not give 110% and your peers may one day also.

And I also heard someone say live chow (meal) to chow and Sunday to Sunday. Maybe it doesnt work for everyone, but I thought it was good advice.

Comment

It is true, if you break it down chow to chow and sunday to sunday, it doesnt fell as long, the days feel shorter when you think of them in terms of hours as opposed to long days. Chows are separted by like 5-6 hours, so it makes it more bareable.

Comment

[QUOTE=sd4]I'm leaving Sept. 23rd. I know exactly how you feel. The closer I get the more intense the excitement/anxiousness. Have you been to RSP yet and if so how many? By the end of your second RSP (Red Phase 2) you'll be surprised at how much you have learned.

PT is the hardest thing to get started on. If you are working right now like I am it makes it harder :p

Just keep working on it a day at a time. No one becomes a PT Stud overnight![/QUOTE]

I Have not been to RSP yet, my first drill is on the 18th. I Hear you have to do 1x1x1 lol I've been working on pushups but wow.. I can do about 10 :( sad I know. But as you said I am taking it one day at a time. Where are you going for Basic?

Comment

[QUOTE=shutterm4]Fort Jackson should live up to its name of Relaxin Jackson. I went to AIT there and i'm sorry to say that there were people in AIT who didnt even know how to put the plates in an IBA. Do pushups. the only way to get better at any excercise is to do that excercise. So if you suck at running or doing pushups, do them.[/QUOTE]

People tell me different things about Jackson, so I think its something I'll just have to see for myself, I'm not going to expect anything. Which ever the case may be I'm going to make sure I make the best of it. Yes running kills me too :) thanks for the feedback ;)

Comment

Chow to Chow

I will soooo take that advice..

One of the things I'm not looking forward to is the part where I have to real contact with loved ones. THANK YOU :) God knows it'll help!
                      :p

Comment

i sure hope my bootcamp is @ fort jackson;)

Comment

[QUOTE=vilmatic]i sure hope my bootcamp is @ fort jackson;)[/QUOTE]

Technicality, marines go to boot camp. The army goes the Basic combat training.

Comment

[QUOTE=DHIVDTB]I Have not been to RSP yet, my first drill is on the 18th. I Hear you have to do 1x1x1 lol I've been working on pushups but wow.. I can do about 10 :( sad I know. But as you said I am taking it one day at a time. Where are you going for Basic?[/QUOTE]

For a 20 yr old female you are ahead of the game. 1 1 1 push up at rsp for our females was 3. They don't expect you to knock out the 2 2 2 even at basic until the final test. Remember that all of this is meant to build you up to that point.

Just remember not to give up.

Jackson for BCT
                            Sam Houston for AIT

Comment

when will you be going to basic?

Comment

Working...
                              X