Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so I wore the Blackhawks every other day during AT. Mind you, this was a TOC based AT, so I was basically walking to the chow hall, walking to the TOC, walking around playing battle captain, then walking home.

About halfway through the second week I pulled the right boot on and heard a "RIIPPPP".

The stitching on the top of the boot where the lining joins the outer boot let go, and now the lining pushes down into the boot every time I put them on, and they take 3 or 4 tries to get on right so the liner lays flat...

Not impressed.

Comment

[QUOTE=qcomer]When i was in AIT, hardly anybody wore issues boots. You wore whatever authorized boots you wanted (some even wore non-authorized). We were even allowed to order parkas, black fleece jackets, etc etc.

I went to Fort Gordon. It was EXTREMELY laxed. Then again, everyone was also on different phases in the barracks, 4 different schedules (early morning, swing, late swing, day, etc) , etc etc.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, that explains it. I was at Benning for roughly sixteen hellish weeks. You can forget about wearing unauthorized boots while in infantry osut.

Comment

[QUOTE=CPT Burritt]Ok, so I wore the Blackhawks every other day during AT. Mind you, this was a TOC based AT, so I was basically walking to the chow hall, walking to the TOC, walking around playing battle captain, then walking home.

About halfway through the second week I pulled the right boot on and heard a "RIIPPPP".

The stitching on the top of the boot where the lining joins the outer boot let go, and now the lining pushes down into the boot every time I put them on, and they take 3 or 4 tries to get on right so the liner lays flat...

Not impressed.[/QUOTE]

Very Surprising....maybe you got a bad pair? Mine made it through IOBC, a 3 week AT and all the running/daily abuse of Airborne school with nothing more than dirt to show... :confused:

Comment

OSUT is a whole different beast than a normal basic/ait. AIT is alot more laxed than the latter part of OSUT.

Comment

Oakley SI boots.. Wow what can i say.... Before i went over to Iraq i had picked up a pair of Danners and loved them until i got to our FOB and decided i better get an extra pair of boots for missions and such.. Got theses and i have never put on another pair.. These boots with nice socks its like walking in my sambas if not better... I would suggest anyone and everyone to these boots..

Comment

Tanker boots

I'm on my feet all day. I wear Corcoran Tanker Boots.

(Green fleece, and china knockoff ACU goretex parka.)

It's nice to be a doc!
              Nobody has ever said sheeeot to me.

Comment

Blackhawk Boots

I have to post my experience w/ the Blackhawk Warrior Wear boots. I purchased a pair, based solely on this review, from Tactical.com for $100 shipped. It was the best deal I could find anywhere, but still the most I've ever paid for a pair of boots.

It was my experience that these boots run about a half a size smaller than most. They were a little tight in the toe. I wore them a bit around the house to break them in before wearing them in uniform. Once I finally did wear them to drill, it took all of about four and a half seconds for one of the sergeants to notice them and say they weren't authorized.

They are hundred times better than the Altamas, but I like my Bates M-9 Assault boots I wear for my civilian job a whole lot better.

Comment

The HH Tanker boots are an absolute joy to wear. I don't think I've ever worn a more comfortable pair of boots in my entire life.

They're very similar to the Pro-Med Tankers available from Ranger Joes. Just thought I'd toss my 2 cents in.

Comment

Check these out .. ACU boots! haa who knows what'll come out next

[url]http://www.rapiddominance.com/Items.asp?Item=H23&sc1=BDU_TDU&sc2=H23[/url]

Comment

[QUOTE=CaseyJones]Check these out .. ACU boots! haa who knows what'll come out next

[url]http://www.rapiddominance.com/Items.asp?Item=H23&sc1=BDU_TDU&sc2=H23[/url][/QUOTE]

Those are silly. At quick glance (blending the ACU trousers and the upper part of the boot), it'd look like the solider was wearing tan sandals.

Comment

Those would look just .. horrible

Comment

[QUOTE=chd]Those are silly. At quick glance (blending the ACU trousers and the upper part of the boot), it'd look like the solider was wearing tan sandals.[/QUOTE]

Tanned Crocs. :rolleyes:

Comment

[QUOTE=speed_of_dark]Once I finally did wear them to drill, it took all of about four and a half seconds for one of the sergeants to notice them and say they weren't authorized.[/QUOTE]
                            Is there a website that has a master list of what is and is not authorized for ACU wear? After reading a lot of reviews, the Blackhawk's sound worth ordering, but I'd hate to get a pair I can't drill in.
                            Last edited by notyetdead; April 25th, 2009, 07:03 PM.

Comment

You guys have a model number on those BH's?

Comment

I got a pair of Bates in 4.5. Love'em! They feel like tennis shoes. They had'em in 4.5 at the clothing and sales at our small base in Wisconsin. I wanted Danners but didnt come in my size so settled for these.

Comment

Working...
                                X