Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My altama issued summers tore apart on me during basic! the soles started to detach during the land nav course .. I was so angry. I had to wear my Bates winters for a week during July at Benning. It wasn't fun. I eventually got the Belleville summers and I love them to death. I can't deal with the spaceman look for most of the boots I see nowadays. I will get those blackhawks when I'm overseas though as I've heard they are like running shoes.

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]I bought the bellevilles because I saw a lot of people wearing them, even the Marines...

Somehow they just dont fit my feet right. They are nice boots, look like they would hold up well, but seriously Sir...you gotta try some O's or B's[/QUOTE]

I'll think about giving them a shot.

As a guy who has spent a lot of time learning about the varieties of gearmakers out there, and as a fledgling gear maker, Blackhawk stuff makes me shudder, but maybe this is different.

Comment

Like you Cpt. , Blackhawk leaves me with a durability question. I have the boots and treated them bad the past few months and they have held up great. I also have Blackhawk rigger belt and its fine. So they both pass the test. I did have some pouches that didnt even make it through a FTX from them. I guess its hit or miss, but the boots are good.

Comment

[QUOTE=CPT Burritt]I'm one of the belleville advocates. I've had a great experience with the ones I was issued in Iraq. They've stood up great, and only partway through my recent deployment to Afghanistan did I start to have issues with the thread gving out. I'll get them repaired and continue to wear them. Not bad for 5 years of continuous use...[/QUOTE]

Do they actually issue you different boots when deployed? Please bare with me, I really have no clue and feet are an important thing! lol

Comment

a dumb question

Fascinating - I need a new pair of work boots - I'm still a "civvie" - can guys like me go online and buy a pair? (I mean that ranger joe site previously mentioned) Assume I can go to any army surplus store. Would like a good boot for hunting season and working around outside, and if I have to eventually have these, might as well get used to them. Thanks
            Last edited by crimefighter2; October 15th, 2008, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Well I ordered the Pro-Meds for shiggles and I will pick-up the Blackhawk or Oakleys before OCS.

Crimefighter- I ordered some stuff (boots included) from RangerJoe's without a problem and I am a "civvie".

I need some light hiking and shoveling horse crap boots anyways...

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]
                [B]Blackhawk Warrior Wear[/B]
                Price: $125 at US Cavalry
                [IMG]http://shop.navyseals.com/images/products/1346.jpg[/IMG]
                Review:
                Saving the best for last. As good as the 5.11 is, it is still inferior to the Blackhawk. As for the Blackhawk compared to the Issue Altama's? Ha...you might as well be wearing bricks on your feet as these Blackhawks are absolutely amazing. Roadmarches, running, all day long conducting missions...the hold up like a boot but feel like a running shoe. Truly amazing boot. Constantly sold out here, because so many people want them for Ranger school. I waited 2 months for a new shipment to come in. No breaking in required, and they are the lightest of the bunch. No problems wearing these around post, nobody ever questions "are they authorized?"

I used to be a staunch believer in the "only wear what the Army gives me" theory, however I have come to realize that if you don't take care of your feet you are pretty much ineffective. Even if your job has you in a warehouse or in a vehicle all day, having comfort in your feet is well worth the price of a good pair of boots. We always preach good running shoes, the same should be said for boots. Hope this helps some, anyone else feel free to put in their experiences.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to let folks know that I found these on the lapolicegear.com website - listed at 109 - you get a free pair of socks, or, you can get a 10% discount, and I believe no socks. They couldn't tell what kind of socks you would get.....

Comment

Converse Tactical Boot

Tactical Boot by Converse....yeah, the basketball shoe folks...
                  [url]http://www.lapolicegear.com/codetabowsat.html[/url]

After 18 years of beating up my feet, I made the decision to wear comfortable boots when I can, and the more durable boots when I have to...these do pretty well. I put a custom insert inside that I bought at Clothing Sales...Required you to bake it in the oven, put it in the boot, and insert foot...then stand for 10 minutes.

I don't recommend these for the field. The tongue has an "8" shape which doesn't quite cover my high arch, and allows grit to enter my boot. The boot is overall fairly soft and would not stand up well to serious abuse. But those days are currently behind me, and should I go to the sandbox, I'd switch back to my Belleville boots.

[IMG]http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/policestuff_2022_61364698[/IMG]

Comment

Don't we get issued boots at basic? Are those not the best? Just curious as to why spend the money if you can get them for free?

Comment

[QUOTE=LT_77]I bought the bellevilles because I saw a lot of people wearing them, even the Marines...

Somehow they just dont fit my feet right. They are nice boots, look like they would hold up well, but seriously Sir...you gotta try some O's or B's[/QUOTE]

Just ordered the blackhawks... hopefully they run the same size as issue stuff...

Comment

[QUOTE=California Captain]Tactical Boot by Converse....yeah, the basketball shoe folks...
                        [url]http://www.lapolicegear.com/codetabowsat.html[/url]

After 18 years of beating up my feet, I made the decision to wear comfortable boots when I can, and the more durable boots when I have to...these do pretty well. I put a custom insert inside that I bought at Clothing Sales...Required you to bake it in the oven, put it in the boot, and insert foot...then stand for 10 minutes.

I don't recommend these for the field. The tongue has an "8" shape which doesn't quite cover my high arch, and allows grit to enter my boot. The boot is overall fairly soft and would not stand up well to serious abuse. But those days are currently behind me, and should I go to the sandbox, I'd switch back to my Belleville boots.

[IMG]http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/policestuff_2022_61364698[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I own a pair of these boots and I can honestly say that they are more comfortable than my tennis shoes I run in. They're the most comfortable pair of showed/Boots I own. Too bad my command does not allow alternate footwear other than the issued boots. They're just sitting under my bed at home and I wear them now and then on the weekends.

Comment

Correct....sort of...

[QUOTE=cougar54]Don't we get issued boots at basic? Are those not the best? Just curious as to why spend the money if you can get them for free?[/QUOTE]

Correct, they are not the best....[I]Wait, is that what you asked?[/I]

The bottom of the issue boot is flat and lacks support. I have a high arch and require some actual padding under my arches. Get yourself some boot inserts and break in your boots with that padding under your feet.

Comment

[QUOTE=California Captain]Correct, they are not the best....[I]Wait, is that what you asked?[/I]

The bottom of the issue boot is flat and lacks support. I have a high arch and require some actual padding under my arches. Get yourself some boot inserts and break in your boots with that padding under your feet.[/QUOTE]

Thank you , sir. You answered my question! I was just thinking if everyone is supposed to look the same, why would they want people to have different boots? Anyway, can you use the inserts in basic? Or is this stuff I should do after/before OCS?

Comment

Got the boots today (Blackhawk).

9.5 W has been my size since BCT, these seem to run a tad small. The toe box is a little tighter than I normally wear, but not tight enough (I think) to send back. I will say, I am a "boot traditionalist". For this reason, I think these boots are ugly as hell. Thats never enough to throw away a comfortable pair of boots, but wow, they are nasty...

I got em from LA Police Gear, 109.99, and they sent me a free pair of 5.11 socks (not bad) and a free LA police gear hat (tan with a subdued tan flag embroidered on it, and a huge LA Police Gear logo on the left side, and LA Police Gear.com over the back opening.

Randomly, they also included a free Schick Quattro... guess I'll try that out tomorrow!

Comment

you will love the boots Sir

They look cool, and are even more comfortable. Mine seemed a bit "small" until I broke them in too...

In other news, I got a call from my supply sgt today, he wanted my boot size...uniform size etc. I guess I'm getting two more pairs of boots and more uniforms for this deployment. I already have 10 pair of boots and at least 12 sets of ACUs, what the heck am I going to do with all this new crap? Ebay? lol
                                Last edited by LT_77; November 4th, 2008, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X