Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High speed MPs and active duty soldiers I worked with like to go to the standard issue website for the Oakleys. My boots feel like im wearing sneakers. Those are the ones I have on in my pics and you get a great military discount. If you are a civvie then wait to join for the discount ;)

[URL="https://secure.usstandardissue.com/Product_Category.cfm?id=2"]https://secure.usstandardissue.com/Product_Category.cfm?id=2[/URL]

Comment

Thanks Chief! Yup, I am still a civvie, working on getting that corrected ;)

There are no prices listed, roughly how much are we talking about for the 8"?

Thanks in advance-

Comment

[QUOTE=GutshotStraight]Thanks Chief! Yup, I am still a civvie, working on getting that corrected ;)

There are no prices listed, roughly how much are we talking about for the 8"?

Thanks in advance-[/QUOTE]
        Here are their testimonials
        [URL="https://secure.usstandardissue.com/Page.cfm?id=5"]https://secure.usstandardissue.com/Page.cfm?id=5[/URL]

Prices vary at times so that is why you need to call and fax the information for the military discount. I purchased mine for $110 and believe me they were a great bargain. You do get what you pay for and I know you realize that already with that $59 purchase. My instructor recently purchased the oakleys and he acts like a little kid with a new toy lol.

Comment

I have 10 pair of boots in my basement right now....the only one I haven't tried are the Oakleys but from those that have both Oakleys and Blackhawk...they say they are very much similar. I'm going to order another pair of Blackhawk's in a few weeks, these are by far the best boot I have ever owned. Ever.

Issued boots will never touch my feet again.

Comment

I bought a pair of blackhawk after this post first started. It was one of the best purchases I have made with boots. I have no complaints about them at all.

Comment

I have my issued summer and winter. lol But since IET only have to wear them one weekend a month and of course my three week AT, which I have another one coming up soon. My summers never broke in. They stink. There is a metal thingy in the heel and it hurts. Size they say its fine and it seems okay to me too. Larger I'm going to keep getting blisters and smaller it will rub more too. Winters are fine but you cant wear them every day. I need a new pair for the sand and worn daily, so likely two pairs. Suggestions? I'll likely get them for next AT which is in 2.5 months so I can break them in, it will be in Florida so I dont need the warmth. I'd prefer to try them on right away but it looks like I have to order online? Dont laugh, but my feet are about 3/4 of an entire size in difference, thats likely why I have an issue with the plate in the summers and why i'd like to try them on.
              Last edited by WIBecky74; October 13th, 2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Don't forget to buy some good liner socks. They go a long way in preventing blisters. I prefer silk liner socks but they're getting hard to find.

Comment

I never developed blisters or anything while in Basic. My feet ached a little bit but that's all.

Comment

A fellow unit member rucked through a river in week-old Oakleys and said they started to fall apart a few weeks later. So I would take it on that that they're great garrison boots but not best suited for the field.

Comment

wow shocking

[quote=WV EOD tech]A fellow unit member rucked through a river in week-old Oakleys and said they started to fall apart a few weeks later. So I would take it on that that they're great garrison boots but not best suited for the field.[/quote]

I used mine for the field during different environments and weather and they stood up. Sad to see an unsatisfied customer.

Comment

I had my oakleys for about a year and a half before they needed to be replaced, and I used them for everything we did. They are my all time favorite boots.

Especially how they fit and feel like a running shoe makes them perfect for road marches IMO

Comment

Thanks again folks, sounds like the Blackhawk's and Oakleys are stand-outs (for the most part).

I wore some cheap Altima boots in the Police Academy and they seemed fine but we did not run very much in them (that is what guns and radios are for). This was also in 2001 so I am sure the "technology" has come a long way since then. :eek:

James

Comment

I'm one of the belleville advocates. I've had a great experience with the ones I was issued in Iraq. They've stood up great, and only partway through my recent deployment to Afghanistan did I start to have issues with the thread gving out. I'll get them repaired and continue to wear them. Not bad for 5 years of continuous use...

Comment

I bought the bellevilles because I saw a lot of people wearing them, even the Marines...

Somehow they just dont fit my feet right. They are nice boots, look like they would hold up well, but seriously Sir...you gotta try some O's or B's

Comment

Yes, its the authorized boot for the Corps. Has the nice little Eagle, Globe and Anchor on the side of it; tailored just for them lol

Comment

Working...
                                X