Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

Spouse ID card

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spouse ID card

    First of all, let m start out this way. My husband goes May 16th and 17th to take the ASVAB, go through MEPS, and swear in.

    Now, this is a 2 part question. First of all I read somewhere that we should think about getting POA paperwork. Would anybody recommend this?

    Secondly, once my husband goes through reception, will I be sent some kind of paperwork to get my spouse ID card?

    Thank you in advance!

  • #2
    You don't get sent paperwork. You go to wherever it can be done and a soldier or civilian doing it will verify your info, verify or need to verify your DEERS status, take your finger print, take a pic and thats it.

    -In my experience, its either on a first come first serve line, or you have to somehow setup an appointment.

    -Oh and dont be surprised if your state only has 1 machine that can do it for some reason. :rolleyes:

    Have your husband ask around where it can be done.
    Last edited by SteveLord; May 5th, 2008, 11:33 PM.


    • #3
      POA would be a good thing because you are likely to get items in the mail that require your husbands signature. This could be checks for deposit (refunds, etc.) or possibly other legal documents. It is also helpful to do this if there are checking or savings accounts, car titles and other items of this nature in just his name or that require both of you to sign. Can't remember where I found that information on the internet but there is actually a document that you can print out and fill in. Do not sign it till you go somewhere to get it notarized.


      • #4
        Thank you for both of your inputs!! That answers one of my many many questions!!