X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rsp

I had my first RSP this weekend. It was better than I expected. On Saturday we started out with a pt test. I did 58 push ups, 66 sit ups, both in two minutes per event. For RSP you only have to go for 1 minute, but we could go for two if we wanted. For the two mile run, my time was 14:05, and I came in second out of 50 something people. The first place guy was like a rocket, he did it in 12 minutes and change.

Next, the first timers had an indoctrination class in which we filled out some forms. There was also a Q&A period with the Drill Sergeant. It was really laid back, and we had a lot of questions. He told us about his personal history and things like that. After that we had a class about AKO Online and The Virtual Armory, which are both fantastic sites. Finally we had a final formation and then we were released for the day.

Today, Sunday, we had a hard PT session. We did a circuit PT. There were 6 stations for the different exercises where we would exercise for a while until the Drill Sergeant told us to rotate to the next station. The stations were 1. flutter kicks 2. push ups 3. crunches 4. side straddle hops 5. knee benders and then 6. running in place. We went around 4 or 5 times. I think I did pretty good because I have been PTing myself for the past couple of years while trying to enlist.

After PT and showers we had a class about Snap Traffic Control Points. This was really cool. I won't put what we did exactly, but there was a class, and then we practiced what we learned outside. It was great, had some fun, and we learned a lot.

After that was chow, and a refresher class on the MGIB and how to hook up your tuition and loans for college.

Next we learned some drill and ceremony movements. That was cool. It's hard at first, but after a while we started to get it. I was in the group of recruits that have never done it before.

There were some battle handoffs there, and we got into formation and the Sergeant Major congratulated them and they each got a coin for RSP.

RSP is a fantastic program. I know that I am going to learn a lot there as I have until 30 Sep 2008 until I ship. I wish I had to go to RSP tomorrow too! HOOAH!

Is there a pass/fail for physical test you took? :confused: :)

Comment

[QUOTE=StaticHawk]Is there a pass/fail for physical test you took? :confused: :)[/QUOTE]
      HERE ARE YOUR APFT REQUIREMENTS

1. RSP PRE BOOTCAMP

MALE push ups: 13, sit ups: 17, 1 mile run: 8:30

FEMALE Push ups: 3, sit ups: 17, 1 mile run: 10:30

Comment

Keep in mind, those standards are mainly to show if you can physically do them and do them correctly. You should be doing that again in reception (unless its changed)

Comment

oh? Hmm...well...

I can currently do (17 year old female):

8 - pushups

40 - situps

and I can almost, just almost Run a Mile in 10 Minutes.

What would happen if someone couldn't do the requirements that dindelus posted?
          Last edited by StaticHawk; March 19th, 2008, 01:57 AM.

Comment

When you are shipped off to Basic Training, your first stop will be at a reception station, where they'll do stuff like ID cards, uniform issue, shots, etc. Also at reception, you'll be required to pass a physical test at the standards listed above. If you don't pass these standards at reception, you get held over to a physical fitness platoon, where you will concentrate on PT until you can meet the standard.

Your RSP will use these standards to ensure that you do not have a problem moving on from reception to BCT/OSUT. To graduate from BCT/OSUT, you'll have a higher set of standards.

Comment

You'd get stuck in a fitness holdover unit or something. Very degrading. At least in Benning it is.

Comment

Work out as often as you can, without over doing it of course. I work my lower body one day, my upper body the next. This allows the muscles some time to repair themselves. Remember, the more you work out, the better you will do for your PT test. Muscle memory, your body will be used to these tasks, and it will seem second nature for them to work the ways the tests are calling for. And drink lots of water.

Comment

PTRP at Benning was like something out of a bad sci-fi movie. Everyone knew it was there, you saw them, but no one would talk about it ot aknowledge it. It was one of those places where the DS would be "You see them? DOn't be them, hooah?" Felt bad for some of them guys.

Comment

[QUOTE=dindelus]Work out as often as you can, without over doing it of course. I work my lower body one day, my upper body the next. This allows the muscles some time to repair themselves. Remember, the more you work out, the better you will do for your PT test. Muscle memory, your body will be used to these tasks, and it will seem second nature for them to work the ways the tests are calling for. And drink lots of water.[/QUOTE]

Wow lol that's a good idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Work on upper body strenth one day then lower the next day and alternate. :o I try to work out everyother day so that my body can repair inbetween but on those inbetween days I felt like I should be doing something! That way I'm doing something everday..hmm..

What about is it bad to do push-ups or run every single day? Even if you're not training. Do they make you run and do pushups every day at BCT? How long do they make you run at basic? Or does it depend? :)
                    Last edited by StaticHawk; March 21st, 2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

you can run and do push ups everyday its ok for you. you may want to take one day off for your body to rest. it all really depends on how your body feels after a couple days of consent workouts on how offten your going to need to rest.

i leave in june for basic but my bother was there not to long ago and said you will probaly run some where everyday and even if you don't have to run your body will thank you if you do

Comment

Working...
                      X